Physician - Psychiatry
PeaceHealth is seeking a Psychiatrist in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking an outstanding Psychiatrist who has a strong interest in inpatient practice (although not necessarily exclusively) to join our program. If you enjoy being close to the outdoors and close to big city amenities, serving the community of Longview, Washington and beyond may just be your ticket…
While You’ll Love the Practice:
- Join a team of 4 physicians, 2 Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, 3 Licensed Clinical Social Workers, 2 Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Nurses and ancillary staff
- Treat both voluntary and involuntary patients ages 18 and over with acute psychiatric and behavioral disturbances requiring the safety of a locked unit (typical stay is 5-7 days, but with wide variations)
- Provide consultation and liaison services throughout the hospital
- Outpatient services for all ages provided on a campus within 2 minutes of the hospital
- Also provided:
- Integrated behavioral health services in primary care
- Opioid detoxification and treatment through a buprenorphine program
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Clinical services include: medication management; milieu therapy; nursing care; nutritional therapy; occupational therapy is available internally by referral; psychiatric assessment, evaluation and treatment; history and physical taken by a physician; recreational therapy assessment and treatment; and social work assessment and discharge planning.
Why you’ll love Longview:
- Our Providers are deeply integrated with the community and have a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Forbes magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River and Mount St. Helens and beautiful local parks.
- Our town is situated 45 miles north of the Portland metro area and 120 miles south of Seattle.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount St. Helens, as well the never-ending outdoor recreational options in the Pacific Northwest.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population over 57k, so you’ll skip the trip to the larger cities for your shopping and dining needs. Our area has many locally-owned specialty restaurants and shops plus national chains such as Target, Macy’s and Home Depot, and a variety of grocery shopping options.
- Longview has affordable, brand new housing well below the prices of the nearby metros.
- We are the headquarters for the Cowlitz Indian Tribe which lends its name to the county.
- Longview was founded near the Columbia River which supports the thriving lumber and marine industries that still exist there today.
- Washington State has no income tax.
- PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 346-bed hospital with Level III trauma center
- Recognized with a Beacon Award for critical care outcomes
- Over 250 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally to more than 180,000 patients per year
- The service area for this community is over 100k
- State-of-the-art, state-designed evaluation and treatment Behavioral Health Inpatient Center located at the hospital. This is a 22-bed unit with eight of the beds being on our higher acuity, double-locked, secure unit.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Health—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.