Indiana- Endocrinology- 70k Sign-On- Popular Practice
Schneck Medical Center is seeking a Board Certified/Eligible Endocrinologist to join their established traditional endocrinology practice. The new physician will join one board certified endocrinologist and one nurse practitioner.
- Position is available due to growth of practice and high demand in region
- Will see existing patient base and new patients
- Pulls patients from a 60+ mile radius
- Hospital-employed position
- Practice has impeccable reputation
- $70,000 Sign-on Bonus, $2,500/month stipend while finishing residency, Salaried Position
- 240 PTO hours per year + 24 CME PTO hours per year
- $2,500 per year CME allowance + $1,000 electronic/educational material allowance
- Physician & NP have a consistent MA
- Average of 14-20 patients per day
- Clinic Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (flexible)
- Average work week: 4 to 4.5 days/week
- Office EMR is fully integrated with hospital’s EMR
- Office equipped with 3D ultrasound, A1C hemoglobin pump
- Nurse practitioner sees follow-up diabetic patients
- Hospital has a Diabetes Education Center, ENT, and bariatric surgeon in house
Centrally located in beautiful southern Indiana, Schneck Medical Center is one of the most financially stable hospitals in Indiana, and independently owned and operated.
Seymour, Indiana is located just off Interstate 65 in the southern part of the state. Seymour is a one hour drive from Indianapolis, Louisville, and Bloomington, home of Indiana University, and only 90 minutes from Cincinnati. A city of tree-lined streets, beautifully restored historical homes, and quaint shops, yet close to the cultural and entertainment amenities of the bigger cities. Excellent school system offering both public and parochial education options. Thriving manufacturing industry helps promote low unemployment and a robust economy.
Dr. Kristen Gilbert
As a board-certified endocrinologist, Dr. Gilbert uses the latest medical advances to treat endocrine disorders. This includes complex cases of diabetes, thyroid disorders, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, adrenal and pituitary conditions, and osteoporosis. Dr. Gilbert has years of specialized training, including comprehensive experience in thyroid ultrasound.
- Medical School: Indiana University School of Medicine
- Endocrinology Fellowship: Indiana University
- Internal Medicine Residency: Indiana University
- Undergraduate: DePauw University
Schneck Medical Center is in constant pursuit of ways to provide excellent care. In the last 100 years, we have evolved from a 17-bed hospital to one of the most respected health institutions in the nation.
Today, Schneck is the only organization in Indiana to be honored with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation's highest presidential honor for quality and performance excellence. Becker's Hospital Review named it one of the nation's Top 100 Great Hospitals, one of the nation's Top 100 Great Community Hospitals and its CEO was recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Leaders of Hospitals.
Schneck is among only seven percent of hospitals nationwide that have achieved Magnet status from the American Nurse Credentialing Center. Schneck's Cancer Center has been honored by the American College of Surgeons for excellence as the recipient of a commendation from the Commission on Cancer and the Outstanding Achievement Award for cancer care. Its Women's Imaging Center has been designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. And, its hip and knee replacement programs have received The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for quality and safety.
Schneck has been named as one of Indiana's "Best Places to Work" and recognized nationally as a "Best Place to Work" in healthcare by Becker's Hospital Review,Modern Healthcare magazine, and HealthExecNews. It has also been ranked as the #1 Most Nurse-Friendly Hospital in the nation by TopRNtoBSN and Best Hospital Finance Department by Healthcare Finance News.
- 93 private-patient suites
- Over 200 physicians
- Over 1,000 associates
- 84,000-square-foot outpatient care center
- Medical Simulation Lab provides a real-world environment to learn, practice, and master the latest techniques in patient care.
- Schneck Family Care offers primary care, diagnostic imaging, and laboratory services in three convenient locations.
Services & Programs
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Cancer Center
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Pelvic Health
- Vein Center
- Integrative Medicine Center
- Wound Care
- Palliative Care
- Sleep Lab
- da Vinci Si Surgical System
- Two high definition, low-radiation emitting CT scanners
- Digital mammography with CAD (computer-aided detection)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Signa HDx 1.5T MRI
- All-digital radiology suites
- Telemetry monitoring
- Electronic medical record
- HUGS infant security system
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award- National Institute of Standards and Technology, United States Department of Commerce, 2011
- Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence- American Nurses Credentialing Center, 2006-2016
- Quest for Quality of Merit—American Hospital Association, 2015
- #1 Most Nurse-Friendly Hospital—TopRNtoBSN, 2014, 2015, 2016
- 50 Rural Hospital CEOs to Know—Warren Forgey, President CEO—Becker’s Hospital Review, 2017
- Workplace of the Year—The Advisory Board, 2016
- Grassroots Champion Award—Warren Forgey, President/CEO- American Hospital Association, 2015
- Best Hospital Finance Department—Healthcare Finance News, 2014
- Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction—PressGaney, 2013
- Excellence in Engagement Award—The Advisory Board Company, 2013
- Top 100 Great Hospitals—Becker’s Hospital Review, 2012, 2013
- Top 100 Leaders of Great Hospitals—Becker’s Hospital Review, 2012, 2013
- Top 25 Hospitals to Work For—HealthExecNews, 2012
- Top 100 Great Places to Work in Healthcare—Becker’s Hospital Review, 2013, 2015
- Top 100 Great Community Hospital—Becker’s Hospital Review, 2013
- Indiana University Community Civic Engagment Award—Indiana University, 2013
- Peak Award for Patient Experience—VHA, 2010, 2012
- Partner for Change Award (2012, 2013, 2014) and Partner
- Recognition Award (2011) for environmental excellence—Practice Greenhealth
- Indiana’s Best Places to Work—Indiana Chamber of Commerce, 2009, 2010
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare—Modern Healthcare magazine, 2009
- Centennial Business Award—Indiana Historical Society, 2011
Excellence in Patient Care
- The Joint Commission Top Performers on Key Quality Measures--Pneumonia, Surgical Care, and Immunization
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval-Hip and Knee Replacement Program
- Blue Distinction Center- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Beacon Award for Excellence, Gold Level- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- NICHE Designation, Exemplar Status- Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders Program
- Commendation from the Commission on Cancer and the Outstanding Achievement Award- American College of Surgeons
- Outstanding Contributions to Cancer Control Award- Indiana Caner Consortium
- Heart Failure Certification- Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence- American College of Radiology
- HomeCare Elite Top Agency- OCS Home Care
- Home Health Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Honors Award- Deyta
- Quality Respiratory Care Recognition- American Assocations for Respiratory Care
- MRI Accreditation- American College of Radiology
- Mammography Accreditation- American College of Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine Accreditation- American College of Radiology
- Clinical Excellence Award for Pneumonia Care- VHA
Community outreach programs include support groups, wellness screenings, health fairs, and lectures throughout the year. Other programs include:
- Spirit of Women- an integrated partnership of hospitials and healthcare systesms across the country that aim to drive health action for women and their families through health fairs, lectures, and education.
- Schneck Foundation Healthy Communitites- programming which educates on health issues important to the community.
- EPiC- Employee Partners Invested in Caring- Nearly 80% of Schneck employees are members of EPiC- the employee arm of the Schneck Foundation. This membership exceeds the nation average of 34%.
- Scholarship Program- Residents of local communitites interested in pursuing careers in allied health, nursing, or medicine can apply for tution assistance through Schneck's robust scholarship program.
- Admissions 2,847
- Births 759
- Emergency Department Visits 33,673
- Surgical Procedures 5,473
- Outpatient Registrations 199,579