MD/DO - Orthopedic Surgery - Berlin
ThedaCare, Inc. a successful northeast Wisconsin integrated health system, seeks a BE/BC General Orthopedic Surgeon for its Berlin, WI location. Berlin is a small quaint city that offers a growing, family oriented community. A short drive away and a draw to this community is beautiful Green Lake. The views are breathtaking and there is no shortage of activates in the area including boating, kayaking, canoeing or paddle boarding. Green Lake has 27 miles of beautified shoreline to explore.
The generalist will be able to provide full scope general orthopedic services. Any niche interests such as sports medicine, total joints or other can be accommodated. Interests in total knee and hip replacements is desired but not required.
This role will join a well-established multi-specialty practice located 40 miles south-west of Appleton, Wisconsin, part of the Fox Valley area. Partners include sub-specialty trained Orthopedic Surgeons in Trauma and Sports and five General Orthopedic Surgeons in other rural locations. Other partners (non-surgical physician partners) in this medical team include fellowship trained physicians in Sports Medicine, Pain, PM&R and Rheumatology.
Income Details: The position offers a two year salary guarantee plus production & quality incentives
- Signing Bonus: Generous Signing Bonus!
- Vacation: 35 days annually including CME/Vacation/Holidays
- CME: $4,500/year
- Other Benefits:
- Health/Dental/Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Licensing/Board Fees
- 403b and 457b
ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin (Formerly Berlin Memorial Hospital) is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital serving patients in Berlin and surrounding areas.
- 24-Hour Emergency Care - Board Certified Emergency Medicine Staff available 24/7, with close connections to ThedaStar in the event of a transfer to a higher level care facility is necessary.
- Family Birth Care with rooms designed to provide comfort to all family members. Water Birth is an option at this facility.
- Rehabilitation Services, which provides a full range of services to treat mind, body, and spirit, offering an integrated approach to health and wellness.
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, 147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.