An award-winning leader in community healthcare, Metro Health serves more than 250,000 patients annually from across West Michigan – and beyond.
The 208-bed general acute care teaching hospital provides a comprehensive suite of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services, including the fastest emergency department in the region, cancer and cardiac care, robotic and traditional surgery, family practice, sports medicine and others. The LEED-certified hospital – one of the first in the nation – sits at the heart of the 170-acre Metro Health Village, a community of support services and retail. In addition, Metro operates neighborhood outpatient centers, offering primary and specialty care plus common outpatient services, an ambulatory surgery center, student health centers at Grand Valley State University and Aquinas College, a growing number of specialty practices and more. Metro Health is committed to promoting health and wellness through the work of its foundation, the Metro Health Farm Market, ongoing classes and educational programs.
Our successes and accomplishments were many this year, including:
- Performance, Excellence, Achievement and Knowledge (PEAK) Award – awarded by VHA for sustained excellent performance in the Patient Experience category. 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Leadership Award for Clinical Excellence – awarded by VHA for sustained excellent performance in the Clinical Excellence category. 2013, 2015
- Emergency Department Wait Times – recognized by Hospital Compare as one of the hospitals in the nation with the shortest emergency wait times. 2015
- Primary Stroke Certification – received from the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program. 2011, 2013, 2015
- GWTG® Stroke GOLD PLUS Achievement Award – awarded by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for achieving 85 percent compliance in improving acute stroke treatment and preventing secondary events for 24 consecutive months. 2015
- Platinum Performance Award – received from the NCDR® ACTION Registry - GWTG™ for sustained achievement in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction patients. 2015
- 50 Greenest Hospitals in America – named by Becker’s Healthcare Review. 2013, 2015
- Most Connected Hospitals – recognized by US News & World Report for excellence in patient safety, patient engagement and clinical connectedness that improves patient care. 2015
- CIO 100 Award – recognized as an organization that exemplifies the highest level of operational and strategic excellence in information technology due to a high performing and very secure virtual desktop that allows users to log in with their own security credentials to quickly and reliably access applications and patient data. 2015
- Environmental Leadership Circle – award by Practice Greenhealth for a seventh consecutive year, recognizes the highest standards for environmental practice in health care. 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Circle of Excellence – recognized by Practice Greenhealth in the categories of Waste, Chemicals and Environmentally Preferable Purchasing. 2014, 2015
- Health Care’s Most Wired™ Hospitals – awarded by Hospitals & Health Networks. 2001, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Currently in the 11th season of the Metro Health Farm Market, showcasing local farms, bakers and others and encouraging our community to live a healthy lifestyle.