Excellence, Safety, Caring, Integrity…What do you value?
Join us at Hartford Healthcare’s Heart and Vascular Institute, specifically at Hartford Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford Healthcare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. And as part of the Heart and Vascular Institute we promise to bring our patients and community excellent cardiovascular care at the right time, from industry experts.
Hartford Hospital is an 867 bed tertiary care, academic center and Level I Trauma Center located in scenic central Connecticut. As a member of Hartford HealthCare, we enjoy the resources of the most comprehensive, integrated health care system in Connecticut. Being part of the Heart and Vascular Institute, we have access to providers with expertise in Cardiac Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Heart Failure, Vascular Surgery and Medicine, Electrophysiology, Preventative Cardiology and Comprehensive Cardiac Imaging.
Join us on our journey to number one in Patient centered coordinated care. We have a current opportunity for a full time BC/BE hospitalist (family medicine or internal medicine) to join the cardiology hospitalist team. The hospitalist is responsible for rounding and admitting cardiology patients to the telemetry floor. This position is employed by Hartford Hospital.
- Highly rewarding work environment with exposure to a broad range of cardiology patients.
- Work closely with an extensive team of private and faculty cardiologist
- Competitive compensation package with incentives and generous benefits including 401K, CME, health insurance etc.
- Enjoy a 7 on/7off work schedule
Located less than 2 hours from New York City and 90 minutes from Boston, we are in the heart of some of New England’s most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed schools, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family” and Travel & Leisure’s “Coolest Suburb in America.”
Hartford Hospital is a 748-bed, Level 1 academic/tertiary care medical center and a teaching affiliate of the University of Connecticut. Home base of LifeStar intensive care air ambulance, Hartford Hospital is a regional resource and the flagship hospital within Hartford HealthCare.
- One of the highest hospital surgical volumes in New England. 30,000 per year; 12,000 in general surgery
- 40 operating rooms with a wing of 15 state-of-the-art minimally invasive ORs and 5 robots
- 1,930 trauma admissions, an average of 100,000 ED visits per year and over 3,000 ICU admissions per year.
- Hartford Hospital has a 16-bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit, a 25-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, and an 18-bed Neurological Intensive Care Unit.
- Boasts a nationally recognized 20,000 sq. ft. Center for Education, Simulation & Innovation (CESI), complete with robotic simulator and OR replicas for training
- Largest stroke center in New England and one of the first in the nation to receive the coveted Joint Commission’s Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification
- Main teaching hospital for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, providing abundant teaching and clinical research opportunities.
- Highly competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are a member of Hartford HealthCare, the largest, most comprehensive integrated health system in Connecticut. At Hartford HealthCare, clinical education and research are supported to bring the latest technology and discoveries, clinical excellence and innovation to the patient and community. And to provide physicians access to a wealth of expertise and resources.
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family”, “Top 100 Cities in the US”, and Travel & Leisure's "Coolest Suburb in America."