Psychiatrist in Muncie, IN
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking full-time Psychiatrists for our Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Unit located at IU Ball Hospital (Muncie). Join Meridian Health Services and work alongside nationally recognized psychiatrist, Dr. Sarfraz Khan, providing behavioral health services to children, teens, and adults.
IU Ball Hospital Muncie Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing psychiatric services primarily in the center's outpatient and Inpatient setting. May be asked to provide consultative and/or evaluative psychiatric services for patients in other settings when the primary treating physician is unavailable.
- Provides direct clinical services for Meridian Services clients/patients served in the Center's Muncie facilities. Direct services will include psychiatric evaluations, prescribing and monitoring medications and review of patient's medical status.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
- Limited call
- Collegial partners
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Doctor of Medicine Degree or its foreign equivalent
- A current and valid Physician License from the State of Indiana
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- Experience in community mental health setting preferred
Meridian Health Services is a progressive healthcare organization specializing in “whole person” health, integrating physical, mental and social well-being. The focus on a broader spectrum of health including primary medical care, behavioral health and human services offers a well-rounded approach for happier, healthier patients. Meridian Health Services has been serving the community for over 35 years and is accredited by the Joint Commission and certified by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addictions.
There’s a genuine personality that translates into authentic experiences for those visiting Indiana. Here, travelers can spend their days paddling a winding river, fishing an inland lake or browsing the shops on Main Street. They can enjoy homegrown produce – and get to know the growers – at our farmer's markets, eateries and vineyards. World-class cities offer internationally renowned museums, performing arts venues and high-energy sporting events – all paired with friendliness as an added bonus. They can visit a bustling capital city, sunbathe beneath the soaring sand dunes, climb the highest hilltops or explore the deepest depths beneath the surface of the earth. Anywhere travelers go in Indiana, they’ll encounter genuine people and experiences. Even the busiest attractions aim to satisfy and delight because in Indiana, more than anywhere else, hospitality matters. That’s real. That’s Honest-to-Goodness Indiana.