Psychiatric Physician with Progressive Healthcare Organization in Indiana (8am - 5pm)
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Psychiatric Physician for our Behavioral Healthcare Annex. This position will work days 8am to 5 pm along with on-call responsibilities locations in Muncie Indiana and Richmond Indiana.
- Responsible for providing psychiatric services primarily in the center's outpatient and Inpatient setting. May be asked to provide consultative and/or evaluative psychiatric services for patients in other settings when the primary treating physician is unavailable.
- Provides direct clinical services for Meridian Services clients/patients served in the Center's Muncie facilities. Direct services will include psychiatric evaluations, prescribing and monitoring medications and review of patient's medical status.
- Provides indirect (review and consultative) services with regard to other patients/clients not seen directly to include review and approval of treatment plans and related clinical or billing documents; consultation to other Meridian Services providers either on an individual or team staffing basis.
- Total communication (verbal and written) and consultation with clients, center staff, other agencies as requested.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Doctor of Medicine Degree or its foreign equivalent;
- A current and valid Physician License from the State of Indiana;
- Board Certified in Psychiatry;
- Experience in community mental health setting preferred.
Here's what's happening NOW! Meridian Health Services is hiring Psychiatrists for two of our East Central Indiana locations - Muncie Indiana (a short, comfortable 45 minute drive North from Indianapolis) and Richmond Indiana (another short drive from Dayton Ohio).
Join Meridian Health Services and work alongside nationally recognized psychiatrist, Dr. Sarfraz Khan, providing behavioral health services to children, teens, and adults.
Perks include: limited on-call, collegial partners, HIGH income and bonus program, excellent CME and PTO allowances.
If you are BOARD CERTIFIED (or double-board), LICENSED in Indiana or could be, have an ACTIVE or Unrestricted DEA license, or seeking J-1 or H1 Visa..... Meridian would welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding our open positions within our EXPANDIING Psychiatric facilities.
Meridian Health Services is a progressive healthcare organization specializing in “whole person” health, integrating physical, mental and social well-being. The focus on a broader spectrum of health including primary medical care, behavioral health and human services offers a well-rounded approach for happier, healthier patients. Meridian Health Services has been serving the community for over 35 years and is accredited by the Joint Commission and certified by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addictions.
There’s a genuine personality that translates into authentic experiences for those visiting Indiana. Here, travelers can spend their days paddling a winding river, fishing an inland lake or browsing the shops on Main Street. They can enjoy homegrown produce – and get to know the growers – at our farmer's markets, eateries and vineyards. World-class cities offer internationally renowned museums, performing arts venues and high-energy sporting events – all paired with friendliness as an added bonus. They can visit a bustling capital city, sunbathe beneath the soaring sand dunes, climb the highest hilltops or explore the deepest depths beneath the surface of the earth. Anywhere travelers go in Indiana, they’ll encounter genuine people and experiences. Even the busiest attractions aim to satisfy and delight because in Indiana, more than anywhere else, hospitality matters. That’s real. That’s Honest-to-Goodness Indiana.