Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- 44-bed acute care, community hospital part of Eastern Connecticut Health Network
- Established 7-physician team with on-site support from a dedicated clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalists run codes except for those that occur in the ED
- No procedures required; no call environment
- Manageable patient census
- Open ICU with intensivist support
- Meditech EMR
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located just 15 minutes northeast of Hartford, Vernon, Connecticut is an idyllic small town with charming historic buildings and over 1,000 acres of parkland and gardens. Vernon has a range of housing styles in attractive neighborhoods as well as an award-winning school system, performing arts organizations, libraries, and a friendly, welcoming community. Vernon’s small-town appeal is complemented by its central location, which allows travel to New York City or Boston within a matter of a couple of hours.