Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Our Lady of Lourdes, one of the largest community hospitals in the tri-cities area of New York with 267 beds, is a designated stroke center and home to the region's first comprehensive cancer center. The main campus also includes a hospice program, an Ambulatory Surgery Center, ICU, and state of the art ED that cares for more than 40,000 patients annually.In addition to robust ancillary support, Our Lady of Lourdes is a growing teaching hospital. Sound's hospitalists serve as an attending physician to residents and medical interns from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. This is a unique opportunity to teach and impact residents in a private practice setting.
- Established 11 physician team with 4 advanced practitioners, clinical performance nurse, and hospitalist coordinator
- Hospitalists run codes with support from emergency medicine physicians and intensivists
- No procedures required; No call environment
- EMR: Cerner with Dragon for dictation
- J1 and H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #21 in U.S News & World Report of America’s best hospitals for 2017-18
- The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognized Lourdes as a “Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus facility.”
- Magnet recognition for Nursing Excellence