Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
St. James is part of SCL Health, a nonprofit faith-based health system with 9 hospitals in three states. St. James Healthcare has played an important role in the history of Butte, Montana. Founded in 1881 by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, St. James has been known for generations for its mission of compassionate care and service to the poor. Today, that commitment is accompanied by St. James' reputation as a technological leader in Montana's healthcare industry and the largest acute-care hospital in southwest Montana.
- 100-bed hospital
- Established team of 6 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- ER runs codes
- No call
- Open ICU
- Co-manage ICU; need to be comfortable with vent management
- H1B and J1 eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
BIG, BOLD skies and outdoor recreation. The only place to live when you love the outdoors. Located right on the western edge of the Continental Divide (and midway between two national parks), quality of life and balance are realities in this SW Montana town. Benefit from enough blocked time off to enjoy the surrounding mountainous area and close-by opportunities to hike, climb, ski, bike, golf, fish, float, boat or just relax in the abundant natural hot springs. Children grow up here in much the same way they did 30 years ago — without the worries our culture is seeing in larger metro areas. A strong public school system combined with a strong sense of community gives your children a stable start in life.