Medical Director - Hospice Opportunity
Trinity Health at Home has an exciting opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Hospice physician to join a growing Home Health group located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The Medical Director will provides leadership to the Hospice program staff for patient care, professional education, quality management, performance improvement, and research. They will also function as a liaison to the organized medical staff of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System for the Hospice program, its staff and to community physicians who refer patients for Hospice care. The provider will provide direct patient care to selected patients as well as work as a clinical colleague for staff who provide direct patient care.
The Medical Director shall provide Clinical Services including but not limited to assuming overall responsibility for the medical component of the Hospice's patient care program, serving as the Physician representative of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and/or the attending physician for the hospice patients. The will also be responsible for certifying (in conjunction with the attending physician if applicable) that patients are terminally ill and re-certifying eligibility for hospice care for subsequent election periods.
The selected provider will advise, assist and participate in the training of Hospice paid staff and volunteers. They will provide teaching to Internal Medicine and Family Medicine residents and medical students who are on elective rotations with Medical Director of Hospice.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following. They are able to delegate a number of these duties if needed:
- Function in an advisory capacity to the Executive Director.
- Serve as a member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team responsible for the establishment of policies governing the day-to-day provision of hospice care and services.
- Act as a member of both the Community Advisory Committee and the Utilization Review Committee.
- Attend the Interdisciplinary Team meetings.
- Obtain necessary certification of a hospice patient as terminally ill as required by state and federal regulations.
- Consult with the attending physician and the Interdisciplinary Team in establishing a written plan of care for each hospice patient, and in reviewing and updating the plan of care at intervals specified in the plan.
- Assume direct medical care of patients, or assign a physician to those patients. Encourage the referring physician’s participation in the continued care of the patient and in the development of the plan of care.
- Provide medical backup in all case in which hospice does not serve as the primary physician.
- Assume responsibilities for the medical care of inpatient hospice patients, if the primary physician does not have attending privileges at the inpatient facility.
- Co-ordinate on-call physician services for hospice patients to provide coverage on a 24-hour/7-day basis.
- Participate in on-call medical coverage for hospice patients on a rotational basis with the other physicians on the roster.
- Designate a physician alternate to perform the duties of the medical director in his/her stead when necessary.
- Develop, update and revise patient care protocols, when necessary.
- Provide quality assurance and utilization review for hospice medical care.
- Represent hospice to both the medical and non-medical community through presentations, meetings and media to better its understanding and acceptance by the community.
- Attend local, regional, state and national meetings of hospice organizations and medical directors groups to promote cooperation and sharing of hospice knowledge and function.
They will perform the following duties as requested.
- Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, and the organization.
- The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those state sin this description.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervises all hospice physician employees and contract hospice physicians.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Trinity Health at Home!
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate.
Trinity Health at Home is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the United States. Serving through a number of home health and hospice agencies in six states.
Trinity Health At Home is recognized as a provider of choice for home health and hospice care. The Trinity Health At Home network of agencies provides services seven days a week with on-call availability; assigning consistent, highly trained caregivers; offering specialized programs such as palliative care, fall prevention and advanced wound care; and meeting or exceeding all home care outcome standards.
Teams of expert clinicians, including Health Coach certified clinicians, utilize comprehensive education materials to meet patients' individual needs. Clinicians focus on empowering patients and caregivers to understand disease and how to better control it.
Trinity Health At Home believes in utilizing advanced technology to meet the needs of patients. Technology helps patients better manage health and condition in the comfort of their own home.
For more information about Trinity Health at Home visit http://www.trinityhomehealth.org/.
Ann Arbor, Michigan offers a bustling downtown and charming tree-lined neighborhoods making it a safe and ideal place to live, learn, work, and raise a family. More than 114,000 residents live within the City’s 28 square miles and Ann Arbor is a hub for excellence in education, boasting five colleges and universities. The City’s acclaimed public school system has adapted a comprehensive academic achievement plan to help ensure all students are successful.
People are drawn to Ann Arbor for its eclectic urban setting and its acres of parks and trees. The cosmopolitan college town boasts fine to casual dining and world class shopping. Action packed sporting events come courtesy of the University of Michigan. Cultural experiences including museums, galleries, and a performing arts center make Ann Arbor a destination for art aficionados of any age. Endless opportunities for recreation are available in Ann Arbor, which operates 157 parks, trails, golf, canoe liveries, tennis courts, athletic fields and more. One of the most environmentally friendly cities around, Ann Arbor has a progressive recycling program and takes great measures toward the preservation of the City’s green space.
Ann Arbor regularly receives national attention as one of the best places to live in the United States.
For more information about Ann Arbor, Michigan visit www.annarbor.com
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities – including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to submit your CV, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Trinity Health Physician Recruitment at (734) 343-2300.