Hospitalist Opportunity - Coastal Virginia
Bon Secours Medical Group is looking for a hospitalist to join our strong, collegial core group of Hospitalists at Maryview Medical Center located in Portsmouth, Virginia. Our team has little turnover and many of our current physicians have been with the group for 7 plus years!
- Mixed practice of NP/PAs and Physicians
- Call Coverage Scheduled: Rounder (8:00 A.M. - 8:00 P.M.) / Admitter (11:00 A.M. - 11:00 P.M.) / Night (8:00 P.M. - 8:00 A.M.)
- We are 350 + Beds hospital with most specialities coverage
- Hospitalists share different 12 hours shifts including rounder, Night and admitter
- No codes, No ventilator management, No lines.
- Flexible schedule with some Minor/Major holidays off.
- FT is required to work 15 shifts a month
- Patient census: 16 to 20 patients per provider while rounding, Average 8 to 10 admissions per admitter or night shift
- 10 paid CME days with annual CME allowance, Competitive Compensation, comprehensive benefits package
- Board eligible or board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- New or Experienced
Our Ministry at a Glance
- not-for-profit Catholic health system sponsored by Bon Secours Mercy Health.
- headquartered in Marriottsville, Maryland
- owns, manages, or joint-ventures facilities in seven states, primarily on the East Coast
- 43 acute-care hospitals
- more than 57,000 employees
- over 2100 employed physicians
Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center in Portsmouth, Virginia is the flagship hospital for Bon Secours Hampton Roads and serves as a regional referral center to the Hampton Roads region. The facility is home to many of the region's leading health care services and attracts specialists from the best programs in the country. Bon Secours Health Center at Harbour View, an ambulatory surgery center with an outstanding array of outpatient health care services, operates as a department of Bon Secours Maryview.
Patients can expect leading-edge technology including high-quality imaging services, da Vinci surgical equipment and electronic medical records that help patients transition from hospital care to rehabilitation to primary care. Bon Secours Maryview staff focuses on high quality customer service, and the facility provides many private patient rooms.
Bon Secours Maryview is part of the Bon Secours Virginia Health System, which allows the hospital to tap into a large network of resources. As a Catholic health system, Bon Secours is committed to caring for the community it serves and staff who are "called to serve" others.