MED ONC with Leading Cancer Center - Near Scottsdale
The Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center (BMDACC) is expanding its oncology services to Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, part of the growing west valley of the Phoenix metro area. As part of this growth we are recruiting a general medical oncologist/hematologist to provide inpatient and outpatient clinical services in that campus.
- Are Board Certified/Board Eligible in Medical Oncology and Hematology
- Are passionate about providing compassionate, evidence-based and multidisciplinary care to cancer patients
- Will become an active member of the BMDACC Division of Hematology/Oncology
- Will have the opportunity to participate in clinical, research and education programs provided by BMDACC at the Gateway Campus. The program is highly integrated with The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, including opportunity for adjunct academic appointments.
We seek candidates with any of the following subspecialties:
- Solid Tumors
As part of the Banner Health network, Banner Thunderbird Medical Center (BTMC) has kept many of its traditional community roots while growing into one of the largest health care providers in the Phoenix market. BTMC is the 4th largest hospital in the Phoenix metro area (513 bed) with a campus that covers 33 acres in Glendale. BTMC offers a wide range of medical services and full complement of subspecialties:
Banner Health, a Top 10 Health System for clinical performance according to Thomson Reuters, has teamed up with at the University of Texas-MD Anderson Cancer Center, one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention to open Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. As a partner member of MD Anderson Cancer Network®, Banner MD Anderson is a fully integrated, clinical extension of MD Anderson and brings an unprecedented level of cancer care to the greater Phoenix area. MD Anderson’s mission to “eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research, education and prevention” complements Banner Health’s mission “to make a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care.” MD Anderson is one of only 41 comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute. For the past 25 years, MD Anderson has ranked as one of the nation's top two cancer centers in U.S. News & World Report's annual "Best Hospitals" survey. Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment. Not a J1 opportunity.
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration. EOE/AA Banner Health supports a drug-free work environment
Banner Health and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center opened the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center on Sept. 26, 2011 on the campus of Banner Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert, Ariz. To provide the best care to all of the Phoenix area, we have extended our services to other Banner campuses including Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, and Banner University Medical Center, downtown Phoenix.
The center joins Banner Health, one of the country’s largest nonprofit hospital systems, with MD Anderson, internationally renowned for its cancer treatment and research, to deliver unprecedented levels of cancer care in Arizona.
MD Anderson’s mission to “eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research, education and prevention” complements Banner Health’s mission “to make a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care.” MD Anderson is one of only 40 comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute. For seven of the past nine years, MD Anderson has ranked No. 1 in cancer care in "America's Best Hospitals" a survey published annually in U.S. News & World Report.
While the cancer center will provide care for all types of cancers, our primary focuses include:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancers
- Gynecologic cancers
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancers
- Liquid tumors, such as lymphoma and leukemia
- Convenience, accessibility and healing are the cornerstones of the center.
- Its design merges the “high tech” world of medicine with the “high touch” needs of cancer patients to provide customized, holistic care.
- The center’s unique environment incorporates proven evidence-based design theories to enhance healing such as natural light, artwork, water features and views of nature.
- Patient and family amenities include:
- Expansive lobbies
- Outdoor balconies for infusion therapy
- Larger patient rooms and treatment areas
- Patient and family support
- Retail services