Psychiatrist Needed in Oakland, CA
- Part Time / Day Shift
Under general direction, provides psychiatric evaluation and diagnosis, prescribes medications, supervises and collaborates with other team members, and facilitates treatment plans. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Acts as physician member of a multi-disciplinary team for clinical work or program development.
- Conducts and directs individual and group psychotherapy.
- Confers with patients' relatives regarding illness and treatment.
- Develops comprehensive case histories.
- Maintains records of diagnosis, treatment and prognosis according to The Joint Commission (TJC) standards and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of activities.
- Prescribes appropriate treatment plans and therapy, psychotherapy or rehabilitation programs.
- Provides clinical supervision to licensed and professional staff.
- Provides psychiatric evaluation and treatment across a variety of settings including psychiatric emergency, urgent care, and inpatient services.
- Strives to provide culturally effective care to diverse ethnic populations.
- Trains and supervises interns and residents.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of medicine or osteopathic medicine with an MD or DO.
- Minimum Experience: Prior community mental health services systems experience.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and certain positions in the Emergency Department). Valid CA License to practice Medicine; eligible for certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Alameda Health System (AHS) is a true success story. Since 1864, we have served East Bay residents and remain firmly committed to our mission of maintaining and improving the health of those we serve by promoting wellness, eliminating disparities and optimizing the health of our diverse communities.
As a large and growing organization, we offer a full range of career options at every level of health care employment. We are a widely respected teaching institution, with nationally known teachers and physicians. Doctors work with the latest in state-of-the-art medical technology and top-performing, highly motivated support teams.
Our nurses, counselors and other caregivers are dedicated to the highest professional standards and have access to valuable educational and advancement opportunities. All who serve patients enjoy the satisfaction of working in one of the nation’s most diverse urban populations.
While AHS is founded on a 150-year tradition of health care for all, our focus is on the future. Flagship Highland Hospital is in the midst of a record-setting $668 million building campaign that has vastly expanded services and will continue with the addition of an outstanding new acute care tower. Our four Wellness Centers are in the forefront not just in healing but in establishing lifelong positive health practices among our patients, providing care at the neighborhood level.
Learn more about us by visiting our integrated system of hospitals, clinics, and health services:
Alameda Health System is among the nation’s richest environments for health care career satisfaction and advancement. Our true strength is our people – united in their passion for providing excellent health care to all. Together, we are building a healthier tomorrow for the East Bay community.
We Are Alameda Health System.
Dedicated professionals and care delivery experts