Psychiatrist Needed in Oakland, CA
Seeking F/T, P/T, and Per-Diem Psychiatrists in California
The Psychiatry Department at Alameda Health System is seeking psychiatrists for full-time/part-time/per-diem shifts at the nationally-recognized John George Psychiatric Hospital Psychiatric Emergency Services / Crisis Stabilization unit.
The department’s mission is to provide the best comprehensive psychiatric and behavioral health services to adults and children suffering with mental illness in Alameda County and be the premier center for mental health care in the East Bay. The goal being to compassionately treat people suffering with mental illness as well as foster well-being and resilience.
All applicants must have a current California Medical License.
Full-time / Part-time candidates: The minimum FTE desired for this role is a 0.5 but can be increased based on an applicant's availability to work a higher FTE (up to a 1.0)
Join us and enjoy:
- Being part of a dynamic team of “builders”
- Working with safety net hospital model
- Being part of our mission of, “Teaching, Caring, Healing and Serving ALL”
Highly competitive salary and benefits package
- For benefited physicians: $316K - $380K+ earning potential
- For per diem physicians: $177 / hourly - $279 / hourly depending on shift
- You may also review the link to the UAPD Website: https://www.uapd.com/ for more information.
- 6 months protected parental leave
- Membership into ACERA pension program for full-time staff
- Paid California medical licensure Fees
- Generous PTO, Holiday, and Educational Leave
- Excellent Health Insurance and Benefits
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Acts as physician member of a multi-disciplinary team for clinical work or program development.
- Conducts and directs individual and group psychotherapy.
- Confers with patients' relatives regarding illness and treatment.
- Develops comprehensive case histories.
- Maintains records of diagnosis, treatment and prognosis according to The Joint Commission (TJC) standards and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of activities.
- Prescribes appropriate treatment plans and therapy, psychotherapy or rehabilitation programs.
- Provides clinical supervision to licensed and professional staff.
- Provides psychiatric evaluation and treatment across a variety of settings including psychiatric emergency, urgent care, and inpatient services.
- Strives to provide culturally effective care to diverse ethnic populations.
- Trains and supervises interns and residents.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of medicine or osteopathic medicine with an MD or DO.
- Minimum Experience: Prior community mental health services systems experience.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: CPI -Crisis Prevention Intervention Training (required for all positions at John George Psychiatric Pavilion; and certain positions in the Emergency Department). Valid CA License to practice Medicine; eligible for certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Alameda Health System (AHS) is a true success story. Since 1864, we have served East Bay residents and remain firmly committed to our mission of maintaining and improving the health of those we serve by promoting wellness, eliminating disparities and optimizing the health of our diverse communities.
As a large and growing organization, we offer a full range of career options at every level of health care employment. We are a widely respected teaching institution, with nationally known teachers and physicians. Doctors work with the latest in state-of-the-art medical technology and top-performing, highly motivated support teams.
Our nurses, counselors and other caregivers are dedicated to the highest professional standards and have access to valuable educational and advancement opportunities. All who serve patients enjoy the satisfaction of working in one of the nation’s most diverse urban populations.
While AHS is founded on a 150-year tradition of health care for all, our focus is on the future. Flagship Highland Hospital is in the midst of a record-setting $668 million building campaign that has vastly expanded services and will continue with the addition of an outstanding new acute care tower. Our four Wellness Centers are in the forefront not just in healing but in establishing lifelong positive health practices among our patients, providing care at the neighborhood level.
Learn more about us by visiting our integrated system of hospitals, clinics, and health services:
Alameda Health System is among the nation’s richest environments for health care career satisfaction and advancement. Our true strength is our people – united in their passion for providing excellent health care to all. Together, we are building a healthier tomorrow for the East Bay community.
We Are Alameda Health System.
Dedicated professionals and care delivery experts