Surgical Oncology PA Position
Edward-Elmhurst is seeking a Physician Assistant to provide specialty health care services within the defined scope of practice under the supervision of a Surgical Oncologist.
- The PA works as part of a multidisciplinary team, providing a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for the outpatients and surgical patients.
- The PA will have a strong foundation in evidence-based practice and ensure an environment of safe quality care.
- Performs comprehensive histories and physical exams, identifies normal and abnormal findings, including physical, cognitive and psychosocial status.
- Orders, performs, and interprets screening and diagnostic procedures and tests, and appropriately communicates and documents information.
- Develops treatment plans including surgical, non-surgical, and pharmaceutical.
- Monitors effectiveness of plan of care.
- Educates patients and families on disease and on preoperative and postoperative care in addition to health problems, health maintenance activities, and preventive behaviors as necessary.
- Performs procedures as trained and appropriately credentialed.
- Documents within the Electronic Medical Record and completes other necessary documents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Collaborates and/or consults with physicians and other health care providers.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary health care teams in diagnosis and treatment of surgical oncology patients with both malignant and benign diseases in the outpatient setting.
- Be responsible for GI/HPB weekly multidisciplinary tumor board.
- Participates in preoperative and postoperative patient care. Provides follow-up/post-op care in the Outpatient Surgical Oncology Clinic.
- Develops expertise specific to this patient population.
- Privileged to perform procedures as identified by the collaborating surgeon that are beyond core privileges.
- Facilitates communication with other care organizations to promote continuity across the continuum of care.
- Be an integral part in the operating room as first assist on a multitude of case mixes.
- Be part of the on-call schedule.
Edward Hospital is a 358-bed, full-service medical center that is Edward Hospital & Health Services’ largest facility. Located on a 50-acre campus just south of downtown Naperville, Illinois, Edward Hospital offers everything from experienced primary care to the latest diagnostic and treatment procedures. Our clinical services are delivered by physicians and staff who are leaders in their field. Our expertise and standards have been accredited by several respected healthcare organizations.
Edward consistently attracts some of the best doctors in the Chicago area. More than 96% of the independent doctors who practice at Edward are board certified, compared to just 62% of doctors nationwide.
There are more than 1,050 independent physicians representing more than 70 medical specialties currently affiliated with Edward. Many of these physicians have studied and trained at some of the nation’s most prestigious medical universities.
Visit NAPERVILLE, IL
Nestled along the banks of the DuPage River, 30 miles west of Chicago, Naperville, Illinois, is home to more than 145,000 people. Naperville consistently ranks as a top community in the nation to live, raise children and retire. Add nationally acclaimed schools, the best public library system in the country, an array of healthcare options and an exceptionally low crime rate and it is easy to see why so many people choose to call Naperville home.
With ready access to a variety of transportation, housing and employment options, this booming suburb attracts thousands of new residents each year, making it one of the fastest growing communities in the United States. Naperville's diversified employer base features high technology firms, retailers and factories, as well as small and home-based businesses.
Naperville works hard to preserve a unique blend of big city amenities and small town charm. Well known for its picturesque Riverwalk, Naperville's quaint downtown offers an array of shopping, dining and cultural activities to fit every budget. Residents also enjoy world-class parks, diverse worship options and an active civic community. Use the Quick Links to the right to explore more of what Naperville has to offer.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|