Seeking Pediatric Epileptologist in Ohio
Ohio-based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Pediatric Neurologist with expertise in Epilepsy and /or Clinical Neurophysiology to join its expanding Neurology Division. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 800 providers, who manage 900,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of 8 pediatric neurologists, 4 epileptologists and 6 nurse practitioners who work together to satisfy the neurology needs of the NeuroDevelopmental Science Center’s (NDSC) growing patient population. The NDSC brings together the expertise of 6 pediatric specialties – Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Physiatry, Neuropsychology and Psychology to deliver quality, coordinated care to patients served. The Epilepsy Program is recognized by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers as a Level 4 Epilepsy Center and features a state-of-the-art 6-bed Epilepsy Monitoring Unit; an additional two beds will be added in 2018.
These positions offer opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of neurologists affording exceptional work-life balance
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED, Kent State University and The University of Akron
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
- MD or DO Degree
- Board Certification in Pediatric Neurology
- Board Eligibility/Certification in Pediatric Epileptology
- Ability to Obtain an Active Medical License in the State of Ohio.
Ranked a Best Children’s Hospital by US News and World Report, Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio, serving over 900,000 patients each year. Centered around two free-standing pediatric hospitals and 27+ primary care offices, the Akron Children’s Hospital system provides services at nearly 90 locations across an urban, suburban and rural region of Ohio. The services and subspecialties at Akron Children’s the hospital span the entire scope of medical services available today – from routine and preventative care to emerging technologies in surgery and patient care.
Akron Children’s Hospital is 272-bed freestanding pediatric hospital and home to more than 30 pediatric subspecialties. We are a major teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and offer 11 subspecialty fellowship training programs.
Akron Children’s is dedicated to family-centered care, and improving the treatment of childhood illness and injury through research at the Rebecca D. Considine Clinical Research Institute.
Quality is a strategic focus of Akron Children’s Hospital through the Mark A. Watson Center for Operations Excellence, using tools such as Lean Six Sigma.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area and Northeast Ohio has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources.
This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio is gaining a reputation as a world-class center for research and development in a variety of high-tech industries, and has become a premiere destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!