Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant- Vascular Surgery - Iowa Heart Center
The Iowa Heart Center is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our Vascular team. Be part of Iowa's leader in cardiovascular care.
Iowa Heart Center
- Founded in 1970
- One of the largest cardiovascular, cardiology, & vascular practices in the country with 52 physicians
- Cardiovascular Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Advanced Heart Failure, Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology & General Cardiology
- 10 primary locations
- 30+ outreach facilities
- Active participant in STS Registries (adult, congenital and anesthesia)
- Provides services within a single hospital system
Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines is a not-for-profit Catholic health care provider. Mercy – Des Moines, with a total of 875 beds, includes:
- Mercy Medical Center – West Lakes
- Mercy Children’s Hospital & Clinics
- Mercy Medical Center – Centerville
- Skiff Medical Center – Newton
For more than 100 years, Mercy – Des Moines has been an outstanding presence in the health care community in Iowa. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, Mercy is the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines.
With approximately 7,000 staff members and a medical staff of about 1,200 physicians and allied health professionals, Mercy is one of the state’s largest employers and one of the Midwest’s largest referral centers.
Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines is a member of Mercy Health Network (MHN) and is a part of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), a national nonprofit health organization with headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. MHN was founded in 1998 under a joint operating agreement between CHI and Trinity Health, based in Livonia, Michigan. They are two of the country’s largest Catholic, not-for-profit health organizations. MHN consists of 15 owned hospitals, one joint venture surgical hospital, 26 affiliated community hospitals, 207 owned physician clinics and one joint venture primary care physician enterprise.
In addition to operating the state’s largest medical center, Mercy has several additional ministries including: Mercy Clinics, Home Health Services, Mercy College of Health Sciences, Mercy Foundation, the Mercy Health & Fitness Center and Mercy ACO.
At Mercy, we train doctors and attract faculty by offering four medical residency programs: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Surgery and Psychiatry.
Recognition and Awards
- Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award
- Mission: Lifeline’s Bronze-Plus Award
- Best Regional Hospital for 2017-18 by U.S. News & World Report
- Recipient of the 2016/2017 Consumer Choice Award by National Research Corporation (NRC) for the 18th consecutive year
- Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines and Mercy West Lakes were the first centers in the nation to earn accreditation in cardiac electrophysiology (EP) by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- Mercy Ruan Neurology Clinic was named a Corporate Stars Award Sylvie recipient by the National MS Society – Upper Midwest Chapter
- Skiff Medical Center was named one of the 2017 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the U.S.
Catholic Health Initiatives, a nonprofit, faith-based health system formed in 1996 through the consolidation of four Catholic health systems, expresses its mission each day by creating and nurturing healthy communities in the hundreds of sites across the nation where we provide care. One of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, Englewood, Colorado-based CHI operates in 18 states and comprises 100 hospitals, including two academic health centers and major teaching hospitals as well as 30 critical-access facilities; community health-services organizations; accredited nursing colleges; home-health agencies; living communities; and other facilities and services that span the inpatient and outpatient continuum of care.
In fiscal year 2018, CHI provided more than $1.14 billion in financial assistance and community benefit for programs and services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. Financial assistance and community benefit totaled approximately $2.1 billion with the inclusion of the unpaid costs of Medicare. The health system, which generated operating revenues of $15 billion in fiscal year 2018, has total assets of approximately $20.5 billion. Learn more at www.catholichealthinitiatives.org
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|