Sentara Pulmonary Critical Care Specialists is seeking an APC to join their team Req#100508BR
Sentara Pulmonary Critical Care Specialists is seeking an APC to join their team at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. 40 hours per week, rotating shift, including holidays. New grads welcome
Sentara Medical Group is working to raise the standard for healthcare by providing quality care throughout Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina
Sentara Medical Group is a division of Sentara Healthcare, one of the most progressive and integrated healthcare organizations in the nation. Created in 1995 to optimize patient access by expanding Sentara's geographical reach, Sentara Medical Group averages over 1.5 million patient encounters per year.
Comprised of over 850 Physicians & Advance Practice Clinicians, Sentara Medical Group has its own board of directors and other self-governing capabilities. Sentara gives Sentara Medical Group providers many benefits, including reduced individual risks, money-saving efficiencies, and the support and resources of a nationally recognized healthcare organization. The most important benefit, however, is Sentara's reputation as the gold standard for quality healthcare.
In addition to family medicine, internal medicine and pediatric physicians, the group includes specialists in cardiology, surgery, surgical oncology, vascular services, neurology, pulmonary and critical care medicine, anesthesiology, hospital medicine, sleep medicine and more. Specialty groups at Sentara Medical Group.
Sentara Medical Group also continues to evaluate and invest in cutting-edge technology and the incorporation of the latest advancements in patient care. One tool being introduced through Sentara Medical Group practices is Sentara MyChart®, an online tool that provides patients with secure access to their physician and electronic medical record.
Visit our Physician Opportunities to see a full list of openings
Sentara Healthcare At-A-Glance:
- 13 Acute Care Hospitals, Including 8 in Hampton Roads, 1 in Northern Virginia, 2 in the Blue Ridge Region, one in South Western Virginia and one in Northeastern North Carolina.
- Advanced Imaging Centers, Nursing and Assisted-Living Centers, Outpatient Campuses.
- Home Care and Hospice in Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina.
- Optima Health Plan.
- Three Medical Groups
- Sentara College of Health Sciences.
- Not-for-profit mission.
- Best Hospitals, U.S. News and Report (15+ years)
- Top 100 Hospitals, Truven (2016)
- 100 Great Hospitals in America 2016, Becker’s Hospital Review (2016)
- 150 CFOs to Know, Becker’s Hospital Review (2016)
- Outstanding Patient Care Award, CipherHealth (2016)
- Tidewater Women Ladies' Choice Awards, Tidewater Women (2016)
- Blue Distinction for Spine Surgery, Blue Cross Blue Shield (2016)
- Blue Distinction for Knee and Hip Replacement, Blue Cross Blue Shield (2016)
- Blue Distinction for Maternity Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield (2016)
- The 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., Faculty of Medicine for Doctors and Medical (2016)
- Mission Lifeline® Recognition Award, The American Heart Association (2016)
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence, Health Grades (2015)
- Top Hospital, The Leapfrog Group (2015 and 2016)
- "A" Grade for Hospital Safety Scores, The Leapfrog Group (2015 and 2016)
- 2015 VHHA Distinguished Service Award, Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association (2015)
- 2014 Business of the Year Award, Prince William Chamber of Commerce (2014)
- Five Star Rating for Best Nursing Homes, U.S. News & World Report (2014 and 2013)
- Most Wired Health System Ranking, Hospitals & Health Networks (2012)
- #1 Integrated Healthcare System, Modern Healthcare (2001, 2009, 2010, and 2011)
- HIMSS Davies Award, HIMSS (2010)
- CEO IT Achievement Award, Modern Healthcare (2010)
- John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award for Innovation in Patient Safety and Quality, Joint Commission and the National Quality Forum (2005)
- Quest for Quality, American Hospital Association (2004)
The Many Benefits of Working for Sentara Medical Group
- Provides an option to primary care and specialty physicians interested in an alternative to private or independent practice.
- Seeks to increase personal satisfaction, improve the quality of work-life and create favorable financial conditions for physician members in a family-friendly environment.
- Encourages professional growth and community involvement with opportunities in clinical research, leadership and governance.
- Learn more
Core Benefits with Sentara Medical Group
(for both full and part time physicians)
- Competitive compensation
- Generous CME allowance
- Paid malpractice
- Pension plan
- Health insurance plans
- 403B plan with matching benefits
Sentara is proud to provide healthcare in America's first region. Located in southeast Virginia, Hampton Roads is ranked the 31st largest Metropolitan area in the United States. Recognized by a recent study as one of the nation's most diverse regions, Hampton Roads is home to just over one and a half million people and includes the cities of Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg. It also includes the counties of Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Mathews, Southampton, Sussex, Surry and York; and Gates and Currituck in North Carolina.
Sentara Healthcare has long been an integral part of the Hampton Roads community. But just what is this region all about?
Our Vibrant Coastal Community Offers:
- Affordable living and low unemployment
- Safe cities with low and decreasing crime rates
- Excellent public, private, and higher education systems
- Oceanfront, bay front, riverside, lakeside, rural, suburban or city living
- Four mild and distinctive seasons with moderate temperatures
- Abounding cultural and historical enrichment and endless recreational activities
- Home of the largest naval base in the world
Ready to Relocate?
Use the Relocation Guide to learn more about Hampton Roads and start planning your new home.
Nationally Recognized Communities & Statistics:
Hampton Roads ranked 15th in the nation for the highest proportion of white-collar employees. 49.4% of the regions adults are in a white-collar profession, putting Hampton Roads among the top 15 metro markets in the country (U.S. average is 45.7%). Half of the regions market is comprised of executives, managers or professionals who are affluent and active consumers.
The second largest per capita concentration of scientists and engineers in the U.S. can be found in Hampton Roads.
Hampton Roads has the largest naval base in the world with 104,465 personnel in uniform and a total annual payroll of $5.4 billion. Recent pay raises add more than $2 million per day to the regions economy.
79.6% of Hampton Roads adults own their home, which nationally ranks the area 3rd for home ownership.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|