MD/DO - Hospitalist - Fox Valley of Wisconsin
ThedaCare seeks a BE/BC Internal Medicine Hospitalist and/or Nocturnist to join an established program of 17 Physicians and 8 Advanced Practice Clinicians at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton and ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, located in the Fox Valley of Wisconsin.
- No mandatory Call!
- Guaranteed salary plus quality bonus incentive and exceptional complete benefit package. Solid referral base of 200+ providers
- Diverse patient population that provides a broad spectrum of pathologies
- Excellent Critical Care support from Pulmonary and Anesthesia
- ThedaCare Stroke, Cardio, Inpatient Rehab, and Inpatient Psych Units available
- Available on-site resources include: Hospice, Palliative Care, Dietary, PT/OT, Psychiatry, and Speech Therapy
- Electronic Medical Record-EPIC network connects our program to ThedaCare Primary Care, as well as independent Physicians
- On site RN, Pharmacist, and Social Worker Care Management is teamed with the hospitalist program to facilitate discharge, home care, and skilled nursing placement
- Involvement in quality and process improvement is encouraged and supported
Primary Care physicians at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton initiated the hospitalist program in 1998, providing a solid base of support by referring physicians. Since its inception, overall inpatient mortality rates have dropped 16% and length of stay has dropped by one full day.
Hospitalists play an integral part in quality improvement. Our medical centers utilize a collaborative approach to inpatient care. The care team model consists of a nurse, physician, pharmacist, care manager, therapists, and other clinicians working side by side to care for the patient from time of admission, until discharge. The hospitalist program has committed the involvement of their physicians in process improvement and provide mini-sabbatical time to work on these improvements and to participate in projects.
- Income Details: Guaranteed salary plus quality bonus incentive and exceptional complete benefit package.
- Generous Sign-On Bonus offered!
- Relocation Paid: House-hunting visit, for up to 7 days. Household moving expenses provided by ThedaCare's corporate mover
- CME: $4,500/year
- Other Benefits:
- Short Term & Long Term Disability,
- Professional Liability Insurance & WI Patient Compensation Fund,
- Licensing/Board Fees,
- 403b and 457b Retirement Plans,
- Legal Plan Option
The Fox Cities of Wisconsin includes Appleton, Neenah, and Menasha, and is comprised of a total of 18 unique communities positioned along the scenic Fox River and Lake Winnebago. This area offers the charm, safety, and convenience of small town life, with the diversity and vitality of a metropolitan area.
The Fox Valley is the proud home of notable school systems, colleges, and is known across Wisconsin as THE place for shopping. Downtown Appleton, the Fox River Mall and many other retail destinations are a draw for shoppers from all over Wisconsin and beyond. In addition, the region features vibrant cultural venues, a year-round calendar of exciting events, one-of-a-kind museums and fantastic outdoor recreation.
The Fox Valley is a community where live music, art, and creativity thrives. There are many events throughout the year to partake in, such as Mile of Music, Octoberfest, night markets, marathons, Art on the Town, summer concerts, outdoor movies, parades, weekly Farmer's Market events, and more.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern, interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Green Bay: 30 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 107 miles
- Distance to Madison: 106 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 197 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 285 miles
ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton is a 150-bed hospital that is breaking new ground and records with its key programs and services.
- Accredited Chest Pain and Resuscitation Center
- Emergency Department staffed by board certified physicians.
- ThedaCare Hospitalist Program- 24/7 hospitalist coverage
- ThedaCare Cardiology Care has been a leader for more than 20 years in the prevention, diagnosis, medical/surgical treatments, and rehabilitation, conducting more than 300 open-heart procedures annually.
- Family Birth Center was designed around what is important to families including spacious, family-focused labor and delivery and postpartum rooms.
- ThedaCare Orthopedic Care provides a wide range of care and therapy services.
- State-of-the-art outpatient surgery facility complete with seven surgical suites.
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics (ThedaCare Physicians) serving 14 counties. ThedaCare also offers services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton,
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah,
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London,
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca,
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano,
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, and
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees. ThedaCare is a nationally recognized healthcare system that excels in quality outcomes and is the employer of choice in the area for both physicians and staff. ThedaCare holds top rankings in Primary Care and Internal Medicine illustrated in the March 2016 Consumer Reports WCHQ Ratings.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton and ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah received the 2016-17 Consumer Choice Awards from the National Research Corporation.
ThedaCare values giving back to the community and was named among the top 4 finalists in the country for the 2015 Foster G. McGaw Award for Excellence in Community Service.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.