Adding Hospitalists again at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center!
Join a Leader in Hospital Medicine
As one of the nation’s largest academic hospitalist programs, we offer a variety of teaching and non-teaching inpatient and consultative services.
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUWMC) Division of Hospital Medicine is dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients, team members, and the OSUWMC community. We are currently seeking exceptional individuals to join our highly regarded team. We focus on improving the lives of our patients and faculty by providing personalized, patient-centered, evidence-based medical care of the highest quality. Our clinical practice meets rigorous standards of scholarship, and we are devoted to serving as expert educators and mentors to the next generation of physicians.
Our faculty enjoy:
- Manageable clinical workload
- Flexible scheduling options
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Faculty appointment commensurate with experience
- Research & teaching opportunities
- Ongoing education and development programs
- Occurrence-based malpractice
- Relocation allowance
- University Hospital
- University Hospital East
- James Cancer Hospital & Solove Research Institute
- Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital
- OSU Harding Hospital
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital (Med-Peds)
Preferred candidates are BC/BE in Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine-Pediatrics, have work experience or residency training at an academic medical center, and possess excellent inpatient, teamwork, and clinical skills.
We are interviewing competitive applicants!
Forward your letter of interest and CV to:
Kam Carlberg, Faculty Recruiter
The Ohio state University Wexner Medical Center
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era and disabled Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. This is not a J-1 opportunity.
As the only academic medical center in central Ohio, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center provides state-of-the-art medical facilities as well as excellence in patient care, education and research. We offer opportunities to combine a clinical practice with research offering three different tracts of practice: clinical, clinical-research and research.
One of America's most comprehensive medical campuses, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is a major referral center for the Midwest. We are located in Columbus, Ohio – the 15th largest city in the U.S. – offering diverse recreational, cultural, athletic and creative opportunities, as well as great neighborhoods.
Our patient population runs the gamut from simple to complex including patients with co-morbidities that challenge physicians' clinical skills. Annually, we admit more than 56,000 patients and experience some 899,000 outpatient visits.
Click here to view a physician testimonial.
Health care at The Ohio State University is future-focused and driven by our mission to improve people’s lives through innovation in research, education and patient care. Our staff of 19,000 is earning international distinction by delivering health care that is predictive, preventive, personalized and participatory.
Growth with People
- From FY00 to FY13, the Medical Center doubled in size, growing from nearly 9,000 employees to more than 18,000.
- One of only 59 members of a National Institutes of Health consortium that speeds the translation of scientific discovery into better patient care
- One of only 41 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer centers (CCCs) in the United States; the NCI named our CCC “exceptional” – its highest ranking
- One of only 11 institutes with a CCC, a Center for Translation Science Award (CTSA) and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Med Into Grad award; one of only five with a CCC, CTSA, HHMI and a Pharmacogenomics Network Award
- Houses or co-manages more than 20 research centers and institutes and 25 core research laboratories
- Received $76.7 million in multiyear Third Frontier research grants from state of Ohio
- More than 1,000 active research studies in virtually every medical specialty
- Eleven faculty members currently elected to the Institute of Medicine and the National Academy of Sciences
- The College of Medicine ranked 34th by U.S. News & World Report and 12th among public medical schools in its 2015 “America’s Best Graduate Schools” list
- The College of Medicine received more than 5,600 applications for its 2013 entering medical class of 188 students
- Redesigned medical school curriculum known as Lead. Serve. Inspire. fully integrates foundational and clinical science to prepare students for personalized medicine
- One of the few universities in the world to offer five dual medical degrees: MD/PhD (Medical Scientist); MD/MBA (Business Administration); MD/JD (Law); MD/MHA (Health Administration); MD/MPH (Public Health)
- School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: Offers seven undergraduate and four graduate programs, such as athletic training, health sciences, medical dietetics, radiologic science, respiratory therapy and physical therapy, and enrolls more than 1,600 students in preprofessional or professional curricula
- School of Biomedical Science: Training for biomedical research careers in fields ranging from anatomy and biomedical informatics to molecular and cellular biochemistry, virology, neuroscience, cell biology and pharmacology
- More than 800 residents and fellows train in more than 65 accredited graduate and residency programs each year
- More than 13,500 College of Medicine MD and residency program graduates practice in all 50 states and in more than 50 countries
- Over the past year, physicians in more than 130 countries subscribed to our web-based continuing medical education training programs
Patient Care Excellence
- U.S.News & World Report named us to its 2017 list of “America’s Best Hospitals,” based on quality, outcomes and reputation, for 25 consecutive years, and singled out 10 of our specialties
- One of America’s highest-technology hospitals, rated “most-wired”.
- We had more treatments ranked—18—than any other central Ohio hospital in Healthgrades’ 2013 national survey of clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction, patient safety and health conditions
- First hospital in central Ohio to achieve Magnet® status for nursing excellence; home to 3 Magnet-designated hospitals for national nursing experience.
- OSU Wexner Medical Center hospitals statistics (FY13)
- 56,592 patient admissions
- 4,482 births
- 1,485,147 outpatient visits
- 118,280 Emergency Department visits
- 15,877 inpatient surgeries
- 22,750 outpatient surgeries
- Provide more than $170 million in annual community benefits through charity care, outreach efforts and other support
- Home to more than 75% of central Ohio’s “Best Doctors in America”.
- One of only 12 Academic Medical Centers to receive a 2014 Quality Leadership Award.
Ohio's capital city has it all. From historic communities and suburban living to college crowds and nightlife, Columbus is a friendly Midwestern town with metropolitan style. The city is renowned for its leading technological companies, vast academic resources, thriving industry and eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping.
- Consistently honored as one of the most livable cities in the nation
- A unique blend of distinct communities, diverse neighborhoods and downtown living
- A hometown feel with big-city amenities
- The 15th largest city in the United States
- Sports enthusiasts can choose from a variety of professional and collegiate sports
- The Arena District offers some of the city's most delectable eateries and nightspots
- Three urban districts – German Village, Short North and Brewery District – provide unique opportunities to shop, dine and explore
- Columbus has three historic downtown theaters – Ohio Theatre, the Palace Theatre and the Southern Theatre
- For the family, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and the Center for Science and Industry offer a variety of educational and entertainment activities