Intensivist Opportunity in Jacksonville, FL
ICC (Intensive Care Consortium) Healthcarehas joined HCA, one of the nation’s largest healthcare networks, to change the way critical care medicine is practiced. Our patient-focused, evidence-based solutions improve quality, efficiency and outcomes in the lives of the critically ill patients we serve. We are looking for Critical Care Trained Physicians with experience leading teams and improving quality measures to join us in our mission to make a difference in the care of every patient every day at Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville, FL.
Opportunity Specifics – Memorial Hospital
- 32 bed Critical Care Med/Surg (23 beds) and Cardiovascular Unit (9 beds –vent management only)
- Open ICU Model with mandatory intensivist consult for all patients
- Multidisciplinary model
- 24/7 in-house Physician Coverage: 1 MD and 1 APP day coverage/1 MD and 1 APP night coverage.
About ICC Healthcare
- ICC Healthcare employees over 240 providers in 30 programs with 6-8 new programs opening each year.
- Last year, our providers had over 140,000 patient encounters nationwide.
- We are part of the HCA system of care. HCA owns and operates over 165 facilities in 19 states providing services to over 26 million patients annually.
The ICC Difference
- The success of the ICC intensivist program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
- Our physicians have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
- We believe work/life balance is an important and strive to help providers maintain this balance.
- We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
- Opportunities are available to participate in GME through HCA’s commitment to residency and fellowship programs.
- Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, stock options, 401k with company match, disability, Paid Time off, CME allowance and days, and more
- Professional development program with leadership training and mentoring
- Appropriate staffing models and flexible scheduling
- Occurrence based malpractice Insurance
- Expert practice management including privileging, provider enrollment, and billing and collections
- Unmatched growth and leadership opportunities
Memorial Hospital is as a state-of-the-art 418-bed, full service, acute care medical facility in Jacksonville, FL. For the second year in a row
Memorial has been named a U.S. News & World Report Top Regional Hospital and a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by the Joint
Commission. Our patient safety scores, ranked by independent organizations, are some of the best in the region.
Memorial Hospital is the first hospital in the United States to receive the Joint Commission’s Disease Specific Certification for Sepsis, meaning we are taking the lead in preventing and treating a medical condition that kills more people each year than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined. Memorial also received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for the third year in a row. The award recognizes Memorial’s commitment and success in implementing excellent care for stroke patients, according to evidence-based guidelines.
Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Memorial Hospital is known as a leader in innovative healthcare with a reputation maintained through our excellent staff, along with technological advances, growth and expansion to meet the ongoing needs of our community. Memorial has a team of more than 800 physicians and a diverse and highly skilled work force of more than 1,800 employees, whose mission is to provide the community with the highest quality of healthcare.
Community Information – Jacksonville, FL
With a population of 1.3 million people, a low cost of living, high quality of life and wonderful climate, our region is one of the few places in the United States that is experiencing a growing population of young professionals; and trailing spouses are in luck because Forbes ranked Jacksonville in the "Top 10 Best U.S. Cities to Find a Job." Jacksonville was ranked in the top 10 of Mobility magazine’s "Best Cities for Relocating Families." Families are able to choose from a variety of top-ranked K - 12 schools and excellent colleges and universities for their children. Northeast Florida is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, featuring 90 miles of beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the majestic St. Johns River. Enjoy playing golf, playing tennis or other popular sports such as wakeboarding, surfing, waterskiing and boating.
Jacksonville has over 500 diverse neighborhoods and you can choose to live in an almost rural environment, the heart of the city or near or on the beach. Average temperature in the winters runs in the 60s and lows in the 40s. This is a great city for year round outdoor activities! Jacksonville is also home to the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars and the professional soccer team Jacksonville Armada!