Dermatopathologist Opportunity - Fargo ND
Sanford Health’s busy, multi-subspecialty hospital-based pathology group is seeking an AP/CP board-certified, Dermatopathology fellowship-trained dermatopathologist for a full-time position. Position heavily weighted toward dermatopathology signout. with a portion of general surgical pathology signout.
- Guaranteed salary first 2 years, with upside opportunity starting year 3
- 12 pathologists (3 general surgical pathologists, 9 subspecialty fellowship-trained)
- Subspecialized sign-out of hematopathology, cytopathology, and dermatopathology
- Hybrid subspecialty model for surgical pathology
- All gross dissections performed by pathology assistants
- No autopsies
- Laboratory medical directorships
- Annual volume of 57,000 surgical cases, 700 bone marrows, 30,000 GYN cytology cases, 3,000 non-GYN cytology cases
- Safe, clean community with low crime, strong public and private schools, and international airport; located 45 minutes from the Lakes Country of Minnesota and within 4 hours driving of Minneapolis, MN and Winnipeg, MB
- Excellent compensation, time off, retention loan, relocation allowance and benefits
- Paid CME time and allowance
- 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, paid vacation, malpractice, disability
- Student loan repayment loan option available
- Largest rural, not-for-profit health care system in the nation with locations in 26 states and nine countries
- Sanford Health includes 45 hospitals, 482 clinic locations and 1,600 physicians in 81 specialty areas of medicine
- Denny Sanford’s gifts of nearly $1 billion are making possible the implementation of several initiatives including global children’s clinics, multiple research centers and finding cures for type 1 diabetes and breast cancer
- North Dakota rated #1 state for practicing medicine in 2018 by Medscape
SANFORD HEALTH FARGO REGION
- Over 840 clinicians
- Licensed Beds: over 660
- Service population: 1 Million
SANFORD FARGO MEDICAL CENTER
- Largest hospital in North Dakota
- Largest employer in Fargo
- Primary teaching institution for the University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Region’s only Level II Pediatric Trauma Center
- Region’s only Level I Adult Trauma Center
- New Fargo Medical Center hospital completed in 2017
To learn more about Sanford Health and this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Laura Aukland, Physician Recruiter
Sanford Health Physician Recruitment Office
PO Box 2010
Fargo ND 58122-2181
Phone: (701) 234-6517
Sanford Health is the largest rural not-for-profit health care system in the Nation and is dedicated to excellence in patient care, innovation and pioneering integrated care. Our model of integrated health provides care through physicians, hospitals, health plan, research and education. Our reputation of excellence is founded on our talented team of over 1,400 primary and specialty care physicians located in 140 locations throughout Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota. These practices are all networked by our state-of-the art EMR system -- EPIC.
With more than 27,000 employees, Sanford Health is the largest employer in North and South Dakota. The system is experiencing dynamic growth and development in conjunction with T. Denny Sanford's gift, the largest gift ever to a health care organization in America. This gift is making possible the implementation of several initiatives including global children's clinics in China, Ireland, Africa, Israel and Mexico., multiple research centers, eradicating breast cancer and finding a cure for Type 1 diabetes.
The metropolitan community that includes the City of Fargo , West Fargo, ND and Moorhead, MN is located in Cass County, ND and Clay County, MN. The extended community is along the Red River of the North which forms the border between Minnesota and North Dakota. This robust, metropolitan, community of nearly 216,000 continues to grow at a comfortable rate and offers the best of both worlds. More than 26,000 college students contribute to the area’s entrepreneurial spirit, its educated workforce and to national rankings as a #2 Metro in the U.S., Top 50 Digital City and Smartest City in the U.S.
The community is large enough to support many amenities of a large urban setting such as an International Airport, Community Theater, Symphony, three universities and a community college, a professional baseball team and a zoo yet not so large as to generate the drawbacks such as a high crime rate, traffic congestion and pollution.
Thirty-six arts and cultural organizations and the three university communities generate cultural and sporting events for all to enjoy. Year-round sports and recreational activity for children and young adults are provided through the schools, park districts, private organizations and the YMCA.
Three public school districts and two parochial school systems offer a wide selection of high-quality courses at all levels.
The area enjoys four seasons with low humidity making for pleasant spring, summer and autumn days. Average high temperature is 16 degrees in January and 82 degrees in July.
Fargo's historic central business district is a vibrant commercial area providing unique opportunities for housing, shopping, dining and entertainment. West Acres Regional Shopping Center is located at the junction of Interstate Highways I-94 and I-29. Neighborhood and specialty malls are located throughout the city.
Fargo is home of the North Dakota State University Bison, playing Division I football in the Summit League.
Chamber of Commerce Arts and Culture
Colleges and Universities
Hector International Airport
Symphony and Community Theater
Visitors and Convention Bureau
Parks and Recreation
FM Red Hawks
Red River Zoo
When you join Sanford Health you will join a leader in the health care industry in the Upper Midwest. Sanford offers:
- Excellent salary package, including comprehensive benefits, relocation allowance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Research and academic opportunities
- Call schedules allowing for meaningful family time
- Excellent referral base from Sanford Health primary care clinics
- No partnership buy-in costs
- State-of-the-art technology
For more information regarding this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Sanford Health Physician Placement (Fargo Region)
510 6th Ave N; Suite A
P O Box 2010
Fargo, ND 58122-2181
Phone: (701) 234-6510
Fax: (701) 234-6575