Otolaryngology - Physician Assistant
The Department of Otolaryngology at the University of Minnesota seeks a .5 FTE (with possibility of future FT) board-eligible/board-certified Physician Assistant (PA) to join their clinical practice at M Health Clinics and Surgery Center. Care is supervised by University of Minnesota faculty.
In this role, the PA will:
- Work will primarily in the outpatient/ambulatory clinical practice setting with shared responsibility for assessment and management of patients in otolaryngology which includes the following:
- Coordinate care for adult otolaryngology patients throughout the course of evaluation and treatment in the clinic setting and coordinating the continuity of care between the hospital floor setting, operating room, and discharge.
- Primary scope of care will include post operative Head and Neck surgical follow up, stable 2 year post returning Head and Neck Cancer clinic visits, and new general ENT visits.
- Perform outpatient procedures such as: flexible fiberoptic endoscopy, wound care, biopsies, and drain and suture removal.
- Educate patients and/or families about their otolaryngology condition, discharge planning, preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Work to collaborate with physicians, residents and fellows, as well as individuals from other service lines
- Embrace the university's commitment to research and education in all phases of care
- Provide leadership to quality improvement
A qualified candidate will be a graduate of an accredited Physician's Assistant program. Be certified through NCCPA and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
Required BLS and ACLS certification. If not current will have 3-4 months to become certified from date of hire.
Previous patient care experience is not required and new grads are encouraged to apply.