Lutheran Health Network seeking BE/BC Internal Medicine physicians to join our provider network in Fort Wayne IN. Over 700 beds in total with a catchment area of 1.3 million.
NOTE: Area does qualify to sponsor a J1 Visa.
- Opportunity to join existing practice "Lutheran Medical Group" - Large Multispecialty group of 60+ physicians and 7 Internists.
- 100% outpatient services, or mix of outpatient/inpatient services
- Office Options: Northeast Ft. Wayne - Georgetown area - One Primary Care physician there now - room for 4 more.
- Full hospitalist service is available if you choose to utilize
- No ER call - telephone call for practice 1 in 5 (FP) and 1 in 3 (IM)
- We believe in a work/life balance allowing you to enjoy outside activities and spend time with family. We are call friendly!
- Confidence that you can refer to our extensive range of specialists and know that your patient is going to be treated right and taken care of immediately
- You can feel confident that our team of tenured physicians will provide assistance along the way to help ensure your success
- Opportunities are available in the city or rural locations enabling you to decide which is the best community fit for you
A comprehensive compensation package will be offered and may include:
- Salary (MGMA guidelines) plus Incentive (based on WRVUs)
- Commencement Bonus and/or Signing Bonus
- Medical Education Debt Repayment
- CME, Vacation, Health, Life and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Expenses
St. Joseph Hospital, a member of the Lutheran Health Network, is a 191-bed facility dedicated to meeting the ever-changing needs of neighborhoods in and around the heart of Ft. Wayne. Building on a renewed emphasis from the community to make downtown a prime location to live and work, St. Joe continues to lead the charge by offering a growing list of advanced technologies. Its medical staff consists of more than 500 physicians. Specialties available at St. Joe, including cardiovascular and orthopedic surgery, neonatal intensive care and emergency medicine, are delivered by physicians from medical groups that also serve sister LHN hospitals. St. Joe provides unsurpassed care for regional patients in the areas of senior health services, hyperbaric medicine and wound care. The St. Joseph Regional Burn Center is the region’s only verified burn center and one of only three in the state. The burn center is verified by the American College of Surgeons and the American Burn Association, a rare and elite distinction for a non-university program. It is the only burn center in Indiana to be verified in adult and pediatric burn care. St. Joe is also home to a transitional care unit that is licensed by the state and certified by Medicare to provided skilled nursing. St. Joseph Behavioral Health offers inpatient and outpatient services for the adult and geriatric population. An advanced cardiac catheterization lab also supports an accredited chest pain center.
Lutheran Health Network, whose members are owned by subsidiaries of Community Health Systems, is an integrated healthcare delivery system and the largest healthcare provider in the region with eight separately licensed hospitals and nearly 1,000 licensed beds including 793 in Allen County alone. The foundation of Lutheran Health Network is a strong team consisting of more than 7,000 associates. Each network entity offers a wide range of services and specialties. LHN facilities had more than 41,500 inpatient admissions and more than half a million outpatient visits in 2012. The community of Ft. Wayne, Indiana is a great place to live, work and play. Ft. Wayne, the state’s second largest city, is a three-time All-America City Award winner and has also received the City Livability Award from The United States Conference of Mayors. Our community is affordable – 9% below the national average – and regularly ranks near the top of the list for most affordable housing. The educational system includes multiple universities and excellent public and private schools. Art and cultural activities include a 66-mile trail network, the Philharmonic, multiple museums, sports teams and offers many opportunities for golf enthusiasts. Furthermore, Ft. Wayne is centrally located and just a short drive from major metro areas such as Chicago, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Detroit.
Lutheran Health Network continues to provide patients with extensive access to specialized care through its hospitals, patient care centers and physician practices. The strength of Lutheran Health Network allows it to recruit highly skilled physicians, innovate with the newest technology and participate in clinical research. These attributes enable it to sustain and grow its spectrum of services, and most importantly, deliver the choice, support, care and patient experience that have long been its hallmark.
Network members include Bluffton Regional Medical Center, Dukes Memorial Hospital, Dupont Hospital, Kosciusko Community Hospital, Lutheran Hospital, The Orthopedic Hospital, RediMed, Rehabilitation Hospital of Ft. Wayne, St. Joseph Hospital and Community Memorial Hospital, an affiliate of the network located in northwestern Ohio.