Academic Pulmonary/Critical Care Job at East Carolina University
The Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at East Carolina University seeks board certified or board eligible Pulmonary/Critical Care specialists. Due to expansion, we are seeking intensivists and as well as general pulmonary critical care providers. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Academic employment
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina
- Established division that is clinically productive, highly respected, and actively involved in the training of medical students, residents, and pulmonary/critical care fellows
- Added emphasis on translational research, including large clinical base and a lung biology group
- Tenure track or fixed term appointment
- 24-bed MICU (Closed Unit)
- Ability to provide services in 24-bed Cardiac ICU and 12-bed Neuro ICU
- 24/7 inpatient NP and PA support in CICU and NSICU
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Located in the heart of Eastern North Carolina, Greenville (pop. 91,495) is an ideal, family-oriented community that serves as a regional hub for education, entertainment, healthcare and shopping. Greenville is 45 miles east of I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant college community with an annual enrollment of more than 28,000 students
- Division I athletics (American Athletic Conference) and nationally recognized theatre, arts and music programs
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization, bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses and residents to the area
- 25 city-owned recreation and parks facilities including greenways, gymnasiums, sports complexes, a golf course, swimming pools, a Town Common and an amphitheatre