Academic Pulmonary/Critical Care Job at East Carolina University
The Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at East Carolina University seeks board certified or board eligible Pulmonary/Critical Care specialists. Due to expansion, we are seeking intensivists and as well as general pulmonary critical care providers. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Academic employment
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina
- Established division that is clinically productive, highly respected, and actively involved in the training of medical students, residents, and pulmonary/critical care fellows
- Added emphasis on translational research, including large clinical base and a lung biology group
- Tenure track or fixed term appointment
- 24-bed MICU (Closed Unit)
- Ability to provide services in 24-bed Cardiac ICU and 12-bed Neuro ICU
- 24/7 inpatient NP and PA support in CICU and NSICU
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
- One the fastest growing urban centers in the state
- Population of approximately 85,000
- 90 miles away from the sandy beaches of North Carolina’s Crystal Coast
- Home to East Carolina University, an institution of the University of North Carolina
- ECU is the second largest undergraduate university in the UNC system
- ECU School of Dental Medicine established in 2011
- Division I athletics – football, basketball and baseball
- Nationally recognized arts, theater and music entertainment
- A desirable climate with mild winters and all four seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts