Emergency Medicine Physician
Envision Physician Services is seeking Emergency Medicine physicians in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Live where others vacation and work in a hospital whose motto is “Caring Is Our Tradition.”
- Length of Shifts: (Docs and APPs): 8 and 10 hour shifts
- Hours of Physicians: 26
- Scheduled Shifts: (Equitable distribution of days/nights/weekends). Schedules out 3 months in advance. Few night shifts available due to dedicated nocturnalists.
- Weekends per Month, Nights per Month: equitable distribution
- Designated Nocturnists: Yes, two.
- Holidays: Equitable distribution
- Vacation Requests: Vacations requests by written form; priority is given to these requests
- Patients per Hour: 1.5-2.0
- Committees: Full-time physicians expected to participate in hospital medical staff activities, including committees. Minimal.
- Hours per Month/Annual: 120/1440
- Clinical in main ED, fast track, RDU, Peds ED: N/A
- Annual Volume: 15,000
- % Peds or Peds Volume (if separate Peds ED): <5%
- Admission Rate (level of acuity): 30%
- In-house Specialists: Hospitalist, Intensivist
- # of ED Beds: 16
- # of hospital Beds: 120
- Part of a Large Healthcare System: Independent hospital
This is a community opportunity with possible clinical academic appointment (Dept. of Surgery, University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine) and clinical teaching of medical students and IM/Transition residents on rotation in ED.
Supportive onboarding process with orientation shifts. Single coverage, so managing flow is an essential skill. Hospital culture is characterized by professionalism, mission-focus, and low drama. Fantastic patient/family interactions every day with grateful folks who love this hospital and respect its physicians.
Location: Honolulu is a large, cosmopolitan city of a million people, with distinct neighborhoods and plenty of cultural influences. Enjoy summer year-round in the state that gave us surfing and triathlons. Hike ancient trails and breathe cool tradewinds, and exhale in paradise. Honolulu International Airport gives easy access to U.S. mainland, Asian and Polynesian destinations. Honolulu is home to top-tier schools and tons of activities for growing families. Kuakini Medical Center is in metro Honolulu, a short walk to Chinatown and the Downtown business area, government offices and Honolulu Harbor. The hospital is over 100 years old and has deep and meaningful ties to the community. The hospital motto, "Caring Is Our Tradition," is a value that we all share at Kuakini.