Physiatrist - Help us build our new program!
How would you like to help build a new program in conjunction with
the prestigious Bone & Joint Center at Hartford Hospital and
the new Ayer Neuroscience Institute?
This is a tremendous opportunity for you to become one of the groundbreaking specialists in our new Physical Medicine and Rehab program.
A new state-of-the-art 26 bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is expected to open in April 2018 on the Hartford Hospital campus. This will give patients access to a much different level of care by providing close access to the medical team and experts for better coordination of care; shorter length of stay, quicker and healthier return to home and/or work; and lower readmission rates.
Some exciting aspects of this position are:
- The opportunity to teach Medicine and Neurology residents through the UCONN programs
- Focused inpatient care on rehabilitation issues with medicine as the admitting physician
- Capability of continuing to use both learned inpatient and outpatient skills
- Talented team with a focus on population health management focus
- Work with three other board certified Physiatrists treating a variety of rehabilitation conditions from both the acute care and outpatient settings
- Competitive salary with wRVU based incentives
- Enjoy the excellent benefits of being a part of a large healthcare system
Leadership Opportunity also available! Talk to me about our Medical Director position.
If you are a BC/BE Physiatrist licensed or eligible to be licensed in the State of CT, it is worth a call.
Please reach out to Mary Ann Tanguay, Physician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Hartford Hospital is a 748-bed, Level 1 academic/tertiary care medical center and a teaching affiliate of the University of Connecticut. Home base of LifeStar intensive care air ambulance, Hartford Hospital is a regional resource and the flagship hospital within Hartford HealthCare.
- One of the highest hospital surgical volumes in New England. 30,000 per year; 12,000 in general surgery
- 40 operating rooms with a wing of 15 state-of-the-art minimally invasive ORs and 5 robots
- 1,930 trauma admissions, an average of 100,000 ED visits per year and over 3,000 ICU admissions per year.
- Hartford Hospital has a 16-bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit, a 25-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, and an 18-bed Neurological Intensive Care Unit.
- Boasts a nationally recognized 20,000 sq. ft. Center for Education, Simulation & Innovation (CESI), complete with robotic simulator and OR replicas for training
- Largest stroke center in New England and one of the first in the nation to receive the coveted Joint Commission’s Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification
- Main teaching hospital for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, providing abundant teaching and clinical research opportunities.
- Highly competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are a member of Hartford HealthCare, the largest, most comprehensive integrated health system in Connecticut. At Hartford HealthCare, clinical education and research are supported to bring the latest technology and discoveries, clinical excellence and innovation to the patient and community. And to provide physicians access to a wealth of expertise and resources.
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family”, “Top 100 Cities in the US”, and Travel & Leisure's "Coolest Suburb in America."