Family Medicine Physician in Lewistown, PA
Geisinger Community Medicine is seeking board certified/board eligible family medicine, internal medicine and med/peds trained physicians for an outpatient primary care opportunity in beautiful Lewistown, PA.
At Geisinger, shaping the future of healthcare starts with a robust support system, from implementing ground-breaking programs to utilizing advanced technology, these are just some of the ways we go above and beyond to lead healthcare change. We take pride in the professional and developmental support we provide our physicians:
- Base salary model - Starting base salary of $250,000 (for those with 2 years or less experience; higher for those above 2 years of experience), compensates providers based on quality metrics.
- Recruitment incentive - $100k, paid in lump sum upon start
- Medical school loan repayment - $150k, paid in 4 installments
- Residency/Fellowship stipend - $2,500/month, available up to 18 months prior to graduation
- Geography stipends – $15,000 annual geography stipends guaranteed for the first two years of employment
- Continuing medical education – 15 working days and $3,500 annually
- Teaching opportunities – Available at one of Geisinger’s four primary care residency programs including: Family medicine, internal medicine and internal medicine/pediatrics. Additional teaching opportunities are available via advanced practice preceptorship, medical student teaching and faculty appointment with the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Benefits – Comprehensive benefits including liability, retirement, relocation and more!
We are proud to give our primary care physicians the innovative tools and support they need to do what they do best – provide exceptional care. To learn more about our:
- Forty-minute appointments for patients 65 and older
- Expanded care team
- And capped patient panel size and other tools, please visit: https://www.geisingerjobs.org/community-medicine
Geisinger Community Medicine consists of 43 community practice sites throughout central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania. These multispecialty locations provide primary and specialty care. In conjunction with Geisinger Health Plan, the Medical Groups staff offers their own unique version of medical home.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
Geisinger Lewistown clinic is a multispecialty outpatient clinic, providing a wide range of services from family medicine and pediatrics to rheumatology, podiatry and neurology. The clinic also partners with Geisinger Lewistown Hospital to bring comprehensive inpatient care when the need arises through its hospitalist program. The call schedule is light and includes after-hour phone triage only. Ample nursing, clinical and clerical staff are available as well as pharmacy, advanced practice support and numerous ancillary services (lab, radiology and more).
Lewistown, Pennsylvania, located in Mifflin county along the beautiful Juniata River, boasts a vibrant sense of community, history and unmatched beauty. Enjoy the area’s exciting attractions including the Port Royal Speedway, shopping, museums, state parks, and more! Its central location in the state, and easy access to Routes 322 and 522, tie the area’s relaxed pace to the bustling world beyond. In three hours or less, you can be in Pittsburgh; Philadelphia; Washington, D.C. ; or Baltimore, MD, with NYC just another half hour away! To see Lewistown from the skies, visit the local airport or click here!
About Geisinger: One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. Geisinger is known for its focus on caring and innovative programs including the ProvenCare® best-practice approach to maximize quality, safety and value; ProvenHealth Navigator® advanced medical home; Springboard Health® population health program to improve the health of an entire community; ProvenExperience™ to provide refunds to patients unhappy with their care experience; and Geisinger’s MyCode® Community Health Initiative, the largest healthcare system-based precision health project in the world. With more than 215,000 volunteer participants enrolled, MyCode is conducting extensive research and returning medically actionable results to participants.