Staff Psychiatrist Opportunity in Florida
|Candidate Type:||MD, DO |
|Visas Accepted:||No J1 or H1|
|Loan Repayment:||Not Specified|
|Salary Range:||Not Specified|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Bonus Offered:||None|| |
This is an advanced professional clinical position providing psychiatric services to Meridian’s target populations. This position requires that the psychiatrist work with patients and within a multi-disciplinary staff to provide patient care and oversee services provided by lesser credentialed clinical providers. Work is performed with a high degree of independence and reviewed through observation, peer review, conferences and reports.
- Provides timely and appropriate psychiatric, substance abuse and/or medical evaluation for patients to determine treatment needs.
- Provides medication management and ongoing care consistent with current practice standards.
- Documents services in a timely, accurate manner, consistent with Center procedure and applicable standards.
- Performs a sufficient volume of sufficient services to produce budgeted revenue.
- Provide consultation and training to fellows, residents, students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other clinical staff, as needed.
- Professional services may be provided in an outpatient, inpatient or residential treatment setting.
- Complies with needed chart reviews, consultations and staffing required by Meridian policy or 3rd party standards.
- Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
- An M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school, with completion of a 4-year psychiatric residence in an approved program.
- Must be Board Certified in Psychiatry or Board Eligible and possess license to practice medicine in the State of Florida.
- Must have knowledge of community mental health programs, services and practices and practical experience in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of psychiatric illnesses.
- Must have the ability to document and review services within an electronic medical record.
Meridian Behavioral Healthcare offers comprehensive treatment including crisis stabilization, detox and outpatient services. Our services are accredited by CARF (The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) – a qualified endorsement that Meridian conforms to nationally and internationally recognized service standards and is focused on delivering the most favorable results for our patients.
* When making contact with the person who posted this opportunity, please tell them you saw their posting on PracticeMatch.