Physician Assistant - Urgent Care - Chicopee, MA
General Position Summary: Physician Assistant
You will provide a broad range of health care services and maintain a close working relationship with physicians and other providers to deliver high quality urgent care services while always ensuring the MedExpress vision and values.
Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment. All medically related functions performed by a physician assistant are to be performed under the supervision of a properly licensed physician.
Order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal. Perform therapeutic procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care. .
Upon receiving approval for prescriptive authority from applicable State Board of Medicine, prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
Refer patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens. Communicate with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates and understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
MedExpress offers you the perfect way to focus on what you do best – delivering great care to patients. You’ll find great satisfaction in providing high-quality, professional treatment in our warm, welcoming centers, with the goal of not just meeting patient expectations, but exceeding them.
*In Delaware, MedExpress is referred to as MedExpress Walk-in Care
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|