Diabetes Educator for Stamford Health Medical Group’s Endocrinology Practice
Stamford Health Medical Group in Stamford, Connecticut is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider to join a group practice with 4 Endocrinologists and 1 APRN. The new provider will:
- Educate and support people affected by diabetes while helping them to better understand and manage their condition.
- Encourage self-management that promotes the achievement of individualized behavioral and treatment goals that optimize health outcomes in persons with diabetes across the health care continuum.
This part-time position allows the Advanced Practice Provider to see patients in the outpatient settling 3 days a week. The ideal candidate will be a certified diabetes educator Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. Candidates with experience are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of three years’ clinical experience to include educating patients on diabetes required.
- Master’s degree – Nurse Practitioner studies or Physician Assistant Studies.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork and work with minimal direction required.
- Basic knowledge in office computer tools such as Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook required.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
We offer a competitive salary and a complete benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, a self-directed retirement plan, continuing education, malpractice insurance and generous vacation time.
Interested applicants may apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Physician Recruitment Officer, Frances Johnson at email@example.com.
Stamford Health Medical Group is a partnership of local primary care physicians, healthcare specialists and Stamford Hospital. Our mission is to provide a highly skilled comprehensive array of medical services to our community in a compassionate manner.
Stamford, Connecticut is an outstanding community in southern Fairfield County on Long Island Sound, 30 miles from Manhattan, with easy access to the rest of New England, local beaches, the exceptional cultural opportunities of the New York Metropolitan Area, and some of the country’s best school districts.
The city of Stamford provides an abundance of restaurants and entertainment with theaters, galleries, a Symphony, and a Jazz Festival, plus a downtown Mall with 130 retailers. Nearby, discover a Nature Center, Arts and Science Museum and Maritime Museum. Golf courses, both public and private, are in and around town. This is an area that is dynamic and growing, particularly within Stamford Health Systems.
The New Stamford Hospital, which opened September 2016 is the region’s only state-of-the-art, patient-centered, healthcare facility.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|