IM Physician needed for Large Office in Knoxville
Summit Medical Group is looking for an Internal Medicine physician for an office in Knoxville, Tennessee.
This opening is for an established and thriving office with a team of 14 physicians and 3 advanced practitioners. Summit physicians are dedicated to delivering comprehensive, compassionate primary care of the highest quality.
THE SUMMIT ADVANTAGE:
- 2020 or 2021 OPENING TO REPLACE RETIRING PHYSICIAN
- Competitive salary plus productivity bonus
- Sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, student loan assistance and CME allowance
- Administrative services provided include credentialing, billing, legal, finance, customer service,
value based care, HR, IT support, and many more!
- No hospital coverage and no weekend office hours
- Collegial work environment with leadership opportunities
- Secure Employment:: Average Summit Medical Group physician tenure is 15 years
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Health, dental, vision, disability and malpractice coverage (malpractice premiums paid by SMG)
- No state income tax
- Great Public and Private schools
- Knox County Schools (KCS) hold an exemplary status awarded by Tennessee Department of Education
- Big city amenities with a small town feel, including a vibrant art, theater and music scene as well
as outdoor activities such as hiking, boating and biking.
- Knoxville currently has 112 miles of paved greenway and natural trails
Summit Medical Group was formed in 1995 by 35 Knoxville physicians who had been in the practice of internal medicine and family practice for up to 40 years. These physicians had similar ideals, practice standards, and a desire to improve their ability to better serve their patients and to be successful in the practice of medicine.
With the framework of this common vision and the strength of pooled resources, Summit Medical Group has become the largest and most widespread organization in the provision of primary care in the East Tennessee region.
Summit offers an ideal work/life balance. Physicians are able to see their patients without worrying about all of the back office stresses that can occur in a private practice group but still have the opportunity for leadership and have a hand in the future of their practice.
Today, Summit Medical Group has 56 outpatient practice sites in over 14 east Tennessee counties...and growing!
Over 200 Summit providers provide healthcare services to over 270,000 patients and families a year, averaging over one million encounter annually. Summit Medical owns and operates 1 Central Lab (6.35+ Million lab tests run annually), 3 Express Clinics, 4 Diagnostic & Imaging Centers, 7 Physical Therapy Centers, 1 Rheumatology office and 1 Sleep Service Center. Our ancillary service centers feature MRI’s, DEXA’s, Echo’s, pulmonary function tests, mammograms and many more.
Make the Summit Advantage yours.
Knoxville offers a perfect mix of big city living, and small town feel. Knoxville is a progressive, friendly, and rapidly growing city accessible from an international waterway. It is situated at the foothills of Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Tennessee’s lakes, rivers and parks provide the perfect setting for outdoor activities. The fine arts thrive alongside regional crafts and sports share the spotlight with great musical attractions. East Tennessee has a thriving economy and great public and private school systems. Knox County Schools (KCS) hold an exemplary status awarded by the Tennessee Department of Education. KCS is the first large urban school district to ever earn this distinction from the state. Knoxville is also home to the University of Tennessee, a major SEC university. McGhee Tyson Airport, a beautiful, easy access airport, allows for uncomplicated travel and is within a 30 minute drive to downtown Knoxville.
Check out what Knoxville has to offer:
*Thriving downtown Knoxville with boutique shops, farmer’s market, restaurants, festivals
*Knoxville Chamber of Commerce *Knoxville Urban Wilderness
*Family friendly activities: Zoo, Ijams Nature Center, Children's Museum of Oak Ridge
*Tanger Outlet Mall *Sevierville, TN *Great Smoky Mountains *Gatlinburg
*Ice Hockey Team *Minor League Baseball *Dollywood
*Thompson Boling Arena *Tennessee Theatre
Turkey Creek: Area with more than 200 stores, shops, restaurants, hotels, and entertainment options