Psychiatrist for Outpatient Practice in Bay Area
TMS Health Solutions (THS) is seeking full-time Psychiatrists to provide general psychiatric medication management services and TMS therapy to patients in our newly expanded Oakland outpatient practice. We provide a great opportunity to join a progressive, thriving medical practice that is a leader in providing TMS therapy.
Our Oakland practice is located in an upscale medical building near Alta Bates Hospital and lots of new retail and restaurant construction. Within walking distance from BART and less than 5 minutes off of the 580 and an onsite parking structure, it is an easy commute from anywhere in the bay area.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform comprehensive psychiatric evaluations that include evaluation of mental status, current psychiatric symptoms and functioning, as well as psychiatric and other relevant health histories.
- Develop treatment plans utilizing therapies based on evidenced-based standards of care and THS’ practice guidelines.
- Monitor and continuously improve patient outcomes.
- Provide timely and accurate charting of clinical encounters utilizing Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Accurately code clinical encounters with CPT and diagnosis codes
- Participate in a minimum of ten hours per year of continuing education in the field of TMS therapy.
A graduate of a four-year college and accredited United States medical school with completion of an ACGME-approved Residency in Psychiatry program. Board Certified or Board Eligible in psychiatry. Licensure in the State of California required. Experience with TMS neuromodulation and certification preferred, but will provide training leading to certification. At least two years of experience working in an ambulatory mental health clinic or private psychiatric practice required. Electronic Health Records charting experience preferred.
- Board Certified Psychiatrist
- Strong interest in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Evidence-based psychiatric treatment methods
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Positive, flexible, and solution-focused attitude
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including Electronic Medical Records, Email, Medical Scheduling Software, Outlook calendar management, and web searching. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and e-mail application experience required.
This position is benefits eligible for full-time employees and is exempt. We offer PPO and HMO health plans, dental, vision, earned Paid Time Off days, paid holidays, 401K participation and the opportunity to learn and grow with our company.
Our busy Oakland office has recently expanded to include 2 new physician offices as well as patient treatment rooms. Located near Alta Bates and the newly renovated Auto Row shopping center including Sprouts, Chipotle, Starbucks and upscale retail stores, our thriving Oakland Practice offers an innovative work environment and the opportunity for great work-life balance with easy access to BART and the freeway.