Internal Medicine - Residency Opportunity
Saint Agnes Medical Center (SAMC) has an excellent employment opportunity for a full time Chief Medical Resident to join the Coord Graduate MedEdu Program located in Fresno, California.
The selected Chief Medical Resident (CMR) is responsible for several educational experiences each week for the residents and medical students. The CMR is also responsible for maintaining resident morale, scheduling and other administrative duties as assigned. In addition the CMR will be responsible for the following:
- Deliver the morning report conference to residents and staff. Select cases to be presented, facilitate the discussion and provide clinical teaching relevant to the case. Responsible to coordinate one to two morning report conferences per week.
- Coordinate with SAMC Quality and Safety for the Mortality and Morbidity Conference (once per week).
- Coordinate four lunch conferences per week, including recruiting for and scheduling high-quality speakers.
- Provide bedside teaching to residents during physical exam rounds and small group teaching during weekly didactics.
- Provide orientation for all rotating residents and medical students.
- Throughout the rotation, provide guidance for struggling residents and serve as a resource for clinical and administrative questions.
- Arrange resident sick coverage and adjust schedules as needed.
- Work with all Medical Residents and Physician staff to facilitate end-of-rotation feedback.
- Provide peer leadership for the residents.
- Serves as a liaison between medicine and other services to maintain strong relationships and facilitate the residents’ experience on off-service rotations.
- Works closely with the Graduate Medical Education leadership to identify needed changes and plan solutions.
- Work closely with the Residency Program in coordination of program-wide events, program changes, resident feedback, supervision and other administrative duties.
- Participate in the admission, consultation, evaluation, diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of patients with medical problems. Provide safe, effective, and compassionate patient care.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all required program assessments, as required by the Program Director, Program Evaluation Committee and the ACGME.
- Participate actively in all educational and residency program activities and assume responsibility for teaching other residents and medical students.
- Provide teaching, supervision and serves as a role model to other Medical Residents.
- Comprehensively document in the patients' chart in a timely and accurate manner.
- Function with an awareness and application of standard operating procedures including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Workers Right to Know, Clinical Compliance, HIPAA and general safety.
- Demonstrate ability for effective problem identification and resolution, as well as the exercise of independent judgment and servant leadership.
Minimum requirements for this opportunity include:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree
- Completion of two (2) years of medical residency training at a teaching hospital approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) is required.
- Current California training license is required. In addition, if applying from an international medical school, a Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) is required.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR card is required.
- Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is required within three (3) months of hire into position.
This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for the right Internal Medicine physician.
Saint Agnes Medical Center (SAMC) - Founded by the Sisters of the Holy Cross in 1929, Saint Agnes Medical Center has grown from a 75-bed to a 436-bed, state-of-the-art Medical Center campus - bringing together the most advanced equipment and facilities and the expertise of top-ranked physicians and staff. Among numerous healthcare quality awards and distinctions, Saint Agnes was named the “Best Hospital” in The Fresno Bee’s Central Valley’s People Choice Awards for the eighth straight year (2005-2012) as well as the Consumer Choice Award winner among the best hospitals in the country eighteen years in a row (1996-2013) by the National Research Corporation (NRC).
Saint Agnes Medical Center is recognized as the San Joaquin Valley's premier healthcare provider of cardiovascular, oncology, neurological, orthopedic, gastrointestinal, and general surgery services. It also operates the Saint Agnes Home Health/Hospice, Holy Cross Center for Women (a safe haven for women and children in need), Holy Cross Clinic at Poverello House (a medical and dental clinic for homeless persons), as well as many other programs and services.
For 85 years, Saint Agnes has remained faithful to its healing mission - committed to excellence in providing compassionate, high quality, cost-effective health care. Saint Agnes Medical Center is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the United States. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.
For more information about Saint Agnes Medical Center, please visit www.samc.com
Fresno, California - Located in beautiful Central California’s San Joaquin Valley, Fresno is only a two-hour drive from Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park and Kings Canyon National Park, and one hour from the Sierra National Forest. It is the business, financial, cultural, and entertainment capital of the Valley, and is host to a variety of natural wonders. An abundance of restaurants, theaters and cinemas, casinos, malls, and many family activities make living in Fresno enjoyable and easy.
Fresno is the Central Valley’s largest metropolitan city (fifth largest in the State and thirty-fourth largest in the United States) with county population of approximately 950,000 and located in the middle of California - both east-west and north-south.
Fresno enthusiasts enjoy an active and fun lifestyle with nearly 70 beautiful parks. Recreational opportunities abound in the surrounding Sierra Nevada Mountains, foothills, lakes, rivers, forests and lush countryside. Outdoor activities range from skiing, white-water rafting and rock climbing to camping, horseback riding, hiking, sailing, boating, biking, ATV riding, canoe trips and kayaking. Fishing and hunting are also popular pastimes for locals and visitors alike. Spectator sports include the California State University-Fresno Bulldogs and the Triple A Minor League Grizzlies, farm team to the San Francisco Giants.
In addition to the beautiful outdoors, Fresno boasts a diverse offering of cultural arts, museums, entertainment options, shopping, wineries and cultural wonders - all available to those who choose to make their home in Fresno. Known for its Mediterranean climate, Fresno is an ethnically diverse market with a strong agri-business base. Fresno is a shining example of people coming together from different faiths, races, age groups, genders and socioeconomic status to make their world a better place to live. More than 85 ethnic groups reside in the city of Fresno. Fresno was chosen as an All American City by the National Civic League.
Fresno is a great place to live, work, play and raise a family.
For more information on Fresno, visit www.fresnochamber.com.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 120 continuing care facilities – including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to submit your CV, please email email@example.com or call Trinity Health Physician Recruitment at (734) 343-2300.