Nursing Home Medical Director
Nursing Home Medical Director Opportunity
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time physician to serve as a working Nursing Home Service Director. Huntsville Hospital has established a dedicated Nursing Home Service in several of the largest Skilled Nursing Facilities in the Huntsville/Madison, AL area.
- Physician is responsible for providing acute care services to the patients and shall spend such time as necessary. Coordination of care with clinical staff that provide medical services in the facilities as well as facilitate all decisions related to the care and treatment of patients.
- Physician shall collaborate and work cooperatively with Hospital staff to enhance the quality and continuity of patient care.
- Perform Administrative duties as required, including oversight of advanced level practitioners; development and implementation of protocols and education.
- Must understand and fulfill medical director responsibilities required by applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulatory standards.
- BC/BE Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Alabama Medical License
- DEA License
- Employed Position
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401k
- CME Allowance
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage Provided
- Paid Vacation
- Relocation Allowance
- Flexible hours with night and weekend call requirements
Huntsville Hospital is an 971- bed Level I Trauma Center and the regional referral center for all of North Alabama and Southern Tennessee with a catchment area of 1.25 million people. 165,000 annual ER visits, including a dedicated Pediatric ER at our Women's & Children's Hospital, physician support in over 65 medical specialties. The hospital has 24/7 in-house Hospitalist, Radiology, Cardiology, Trauma, Orthopedic and Neurosurgical Coverage.
- Alabama’s Only Top 50 Heart Hospital by Truven Health Analytics
- America’s 50 Best Cardiac Surgery Program by Healthgrades
- Top 50 Cardiovascular Programs by Truven Health Analytics
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award by Healthgrades
- Huntsville Hospital listed as Becker’s Top 150 Hospitals
- America's 100 Best Spine Surgery Programs by Healthgrades
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
- Huntsville Hospital is one of only seven Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksites in Alabama
Huntsville is situated in the fastest growing major metropolitan area in Alabama, and with the highest per capita income in the southeast, Huntsville is the best place to live, learn and work. We are a community on the move with rich values and traditions while progressing with new ideas, exciting technologies and creative talents. Our community’s unique characteristics are a worldwide attraction and will certainly provide a place for you and your family to flourish. With a population of almost 400K, we are a high-tech, family oriented, multi cultural community with excellent schools, dining and entertainment. Huntsville is nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with an abundance of activities to do inside or out. Hike our mountains and swim in our lakes!
- Area public schools have more national merit scholars per capita than any other in the country
- Technology, space and defense industry play a major role in Huntsville
- Huntsville/Madison County have more Doctorate degrees per capita than any other city in the nation
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Broadway Theater League, Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, US Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville Botanical Garden, Huntsville Museum of Art, Constitution Hall Village, Early Works Children's Museum, Monte Sano State Park and Bridge Street Towne Center are just some of the main attractions
- The City of Huntsville received Standard & Poor's highest possible AAA bond rating for strength of the local economy for 7th consecutive year
- Huntsville named one of the Top 10 Smartest Cities in the World by Forbes
- Huntsville named one of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. by Business Week