Memorial Hospital of Carbondale became a Level II Trauma Center on November 4 2019, the only such center in the southern half of the state. We have with four trauma surgeons, dedicated staff, leadership, and resources.
Southern Illinois Healthcare is a member of the BJC Collaborative, a partnership among healthcare systems throughout Illinois, Missouri, and eastern Kansas. The Collaborative members work together to improve access to and quality of medical care for patient, create additional efficiencies that will benefit our communities, achieve savings, and lower health care costs. Through this beneficial partnership, Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis works directly with our Trauma Medical Director and Trauma Program Director.
- All candidates must be BC/BE
- Licensed to practice medicine with no restrictions
Details of the Opportunity:
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Hospital Employed
- Orthopedic trauma call approximately 10 days a month
- Clinical responsibilities include all surgical care of orthopedic trauma patients
- Support from 4 trauma surgeons
- State-of-the-art technologies and equipment
- Will be provided an advanced practice provider to assist with pre-op and post-op cases, as well as assist in surgeries
Forward-thinking and financially strong, SIH prides itself in fostering leaders, promoting teamwork, and providing quality care coordination and transitions. Our passionate and strategic administration, alongside our friendly, skilled, and patient-focused staff, work together to cultivate a supportive and positive working environment.
- SIH is not-for-profit and the largest provider of charity care and community benefits in southern Illinois
- Region's largest and most accomplished healthcare system with over 3,800 employees including over 300 employed providers
- Physician engagement surveys analyze our opportunities and focus our actions for improvement
- System-wide Epic EMR
- 350,000 patient population
- Hospital employed, with generous compensation and benefits package
- Free, on-site hospital and clinic parking