Thoracic Surgeon in Baton Rouge, LA
Ochsner Health System - Baton Rouge currently employs 4 Board Certified General Surgeons and is seeking aBoard Certified/Board EligibleTHORACIC SURGEON to join its expanding practice. Laparoscopy training/experience is required. Robotics is preferred.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE POSITION:
- Clinic-based position with dedicated surgery days; surgeries performed at Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge
- da Vinci robot available in the operating room
- Clinic located in Baton Rouge with rotation to suburban clinics
- Complement services immediately offered at Ochsner Cancer Center – Baton Rouge and those to be delivered at Ochsner High Grove, a new medical office complex with surgical and in-patient capabilities scheduled to open in early 2019
- Collaborative team of Radiologists, Pathologists, Pulmonologists, Surgeons, Medical and Radiation Oncologists and nurse navigators to assist with the customized plan of care for each patient
- Weekly call rotation shared amongst physicians within the group (clinic and hospital consult)
- 24/7 reliable hospitalists onsite
- Integrated practice model with strong, internal referral network
- Support available from specialists throughout the Ochsner Health System
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
For more information or to apply please Click Here.
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge, a full-service, 150-bed facility, Ochsner Cancer Center – Baton Rouge and 13 Ochsner Health Centers across Tangipahoa, Livingston, East Baton Rouge, Ascension and Iberville Parishes. Nearly 2,000 employees serve our patients in the Greater Baton Rouge area, including more than 180 physicians and Advanced Practice Providers whose collective dedication to patient care is recognized for quality excellence by Becker’s Hospital Review, Healthgrades, Truven Health Analytics and Leapfrog. Ochsner Baton Rouge is a part of Ochsner Health System, Louisiana’s largest non-profit healthcare delivery system. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a “Best Hospital” across four specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and 80 countries worldwide each year.
Ochsner Baton Rouge is nationally recognized for
providing quality healthcare to patients throughout the region!
Ochsner Baton Rouge is part of Ochsner Health System, southeast Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare delivery system. Ochsner has been providing high-quality clinical and hospital patient care to Louisiana residents since 1942.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 30 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 80 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner employs nearly 2,000 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and sub-specialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. For more information, please visit www.ochsner.org.
Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across four specialty categories.
Ochsner hospitals and physician offices are located throughout Southeast Louisiana including the Greater New Orleans area, Slidell, Covington, Raceland and Baton Rouge. We are perfectly positioned to provide value and efficiencies in the healthcare reform environment of accountable care, medical homes, budget cuts, declining reimbursement, and increased regulation.
For more information, please visit www.ochsner.org or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana’s vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it the most populous city in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, 2 major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone!