Rheumatology near Columbus, OH - Hospital Employed
Licking Memorial Health Professionals
Physician opportunity: Rheumatology
Location: Newark, Ohio (30 miles East of Columbus, Ohio area)
- Base Salary: $250,000/yr; opportunity to make more with RVU model
- Quality incentive: up to $20,000/yr
- Paid time off (PTO): accrued; approximately 250 hours per year for full time physicians
- Retirement: Employer-funded 403(b), Employee-funded 457
- Medical & dental: Yes; low cost, self-insured, PPO structured
- Outpatient Clinic 4.5 days; 11-13 patients per day average, can see more
- 1 to 3 inpatient consults per month; office within walking distance of Licking Memorial Hospital
- No nights, weekends, or holidays
- Only Rheumatologist on staff
- Support staff includes RN, MA, Clerk.
- Model: hospital-employed group
- Board certification required: Yes; must be B/C within 5 years of graduating residency or fellowship
- Accept J1 & HI-B visas: No
- Size: 227 licensed beds
- Accolades: Top 100 Hospital for 12 years (Modern HC), Best Place to work in Healthcare (Fortune), Best Place to Work for Women (Fortune), Healthcare’s Most Wired.
- Coverage: single hospital coverage responsibilities (Licking County)
- Technology: updated technology and equipment; advanced EMR
- Hospital-employed group: Yes, multi-specialty; fluctuates around 100+ providers
- Geography: Central OH, Licking County, 30 minutes East of Columbus
- Residential: ranges from the very affordable to the very affluent
- Highlight areas: Granville, OH; Newark, OH; Heath, OH; Pataskala, OH; Blacklick, OH; Gahanna, OH; New Albany, OH
- Schools: top-rated public schools in Granville & New Albany; many excellent private schools in the area
Licking Memorial Health Systems (LMHS) is a not-for-profit health care organization dedicated to the mission of improving the health of the community. Under the leadership of a volunteer Board of Directors, LMHS consists of Licking Memorial Hospital, a multi-specialty physician corporation called the Licking Memorial Health Professionals and the Licking Memorial Health Foundation.
Licking Memorial Hospital remains responsive to the healthcare needs of the Licking County area that it has served since 1898. The 227-bed facility offers a full spectrum of quality patient care services, from emergency medicine to home health care. In addition, Licking Memorial offers a number of specialized medical services unique for a Hospital of its size. Comprehensive services are available in areas such as cancer, heart, maternity and mental health.
The Licking Memorial Health Professionals is a group of 100-plus physicians in various practices. Physician offices are located throughout Licking County, including Granville, Hanover, Heath, Hebron, Johnstown, Newark and Pataskala.
LMHS has remained at the forefront of patient safety and implementing state-of-the-art technology to provide the highest quality care for patients and visitors. The Health Systems’ 2,000 employees are highly trained and compassionate individuals serving the community.