Family Medicine Physician in Defiance, OH
ProMedica/Defiance Regional Hospital (DRH) in Defiance, Oho is currently recruiting a board certified/board eligible family medicine physician with OB to join our outstanding medical staff. Join this well-established practice, well known in the community for providing high quality medical care. A great opportunity for those who want to do OB including C-Sections. Looking for a candidate excited about working in a rural community and living in the same area. Defiance is 40 minutes west of Toledo, Ohio and 45 minutes east of Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Well managed office conveniently located on the campus of Defiance Regional Hospital
- EMR - EPIC
- Collegial work environment
- Young practice consists mainly of newborn to age 40
- Able to build practice quickly due to physician retirement
- Traditional mix of office hours and inpatient care - No adult inpatient
- Minimal in-house coverage-one hospital
- On call is for newborns and OB only and is 1 week out of 4 or 5.
- Full employment through *ProMedica Physicians, which includes full medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, 401(k) and two other retirement options, CME allowance, vacation, malpractice and more
- Academic affiliation with University of Toledo College of Medicine
- Assistance with relocation up to $10K
- Attractive signing bonus
- Quality Performance Incentive Bonus
ProMedica Defiance Regional Hospital (DRH) - is located about 60 miles southwest of Toledo in Defiance, Ohio. Out facility was constructed in 2002 and is designed to promote a healing environment. Defiance Regional is a 200,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art hospital – accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, and is an accredited Chest Pain Center and Level III Trauma Center.
Defiance, Ohio, is a moderately-sized college community located along the banks of the Maumee, Auglaize and Tiffin rivers in northwest Ohio, between Fort Wayne, Indiana and Toledo, Ohio. Defiance has a diversified industrial and agricultural economic base, as well as a medical and retail primary service area of nearly 40,000 people and regional access to more than 100,000 residents. Defiance offers the opportunity to live and work in safe, family-oriented community with excellent schools, growing retail and superb quality of life.
ProMedica Physicians Group is a multi-specialty physician network of more than 900 providers, including Advance Practice with opportunities throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan.
The team handles every aspect of private management including billing, coding, compliance, human resources, legal issues, and marketing to name a few. That allows the physician the freedom to focus on providing high quality care.
- full medical, dental, vision, life and malpractice insurance,
- short and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) with automatic employer contribution
- CME, vacation, deferred retirement options to choose
ProMedica - is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 30 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 70,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,700 physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 450 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health.
SDI IHN assessment, published Jan. 2009, Modern Healthcare
ProMedica is a tobacco-free employer.
In support of our Mission to improve the health and well-being of the communities we serve, ProMedica provides tobacco and smoke-free environments at its facilities. All employees/providers are required to have a pre-employment physical which includes a tobacco/drug screen test prior to employment. All employment offers are contingent based on the results of the pre-employment physical.