Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Physician in Connecticut
Outstanding Full/Part Time Connecticut Career Opportunity
We are one of the leading pulmonary groups in Connecticut practicing a unique blend of Hospital-based pulmonary, sleep and critical care medicine combined with an office practice. Our 8 physicians were trained at the following institutions: Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Albert Einstein, Boston University, Washington University in St. Louis, Mount Sinai, and University of Pennsylvania. All are triple boarded in IM/Pulm/CC, with 2 sleep boarded physicians, and members with additional boards in Allergy/Immunology, palliative care, pediatrics, and interventional pulmonology. In addition to our pulmonary and sleep offices, our practice includes all procedures associated with the above specialties including interventional pulmonary, cardiopulmonary exercise testing, and bedside ultrasound. We maintain an active clinical pharmaceutical trials program.
Highlights of the Position:
- The position is a partnership track with 1/9 weekday call, shared evenly among all partners from the start.
- Weekends begin at 11/year, and become less frequent until full partner, when call is shared evenly.
- Vacation / CME time begins at 6 weeks and increases to 9 weeks when partner! Workweek is 4.5 days.
- Health insurance, malpractice, CME, and licensing fees are paid through the group.
- Full time and part time candidates will be considered.
- The practice is based exclusively at Stamford Hospital, no traveling off site is required as part of the practice.
- Candidates can tailor their practice to match their specific interests, but there will be some requirement for pulmonary and critical care as part of the call schedule.
- The Stamford area is on the Long Island Sound, 50 minutes from N.Y.C. and is an excellent place to live and raise a family.
Stamford Hospital is a major teaching hospital for Columbia P&S (medical students) and boasts in-house residency training programs in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Surgery, Ob-Gyn, and Orthopedic Surgery. We have an active education role leading ICU rounds, morning report, Pulmonary consult elective, and teaching conferences. All physicians hold an academic appointment from Columbia P&S.
The practice has the responsibility for directorship of the following areas: Intensive Care Unit, Respiratory Therapy Dept., Pulmonary Medicine Dept., Pulmonary Function Laboratory, Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services and the Sleep Center.
Our sleep center is a 6-bed facility that is nationally accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. We treat patients with all sleep disorders, including adults and children. We have an active home sleep study program and perform over 1,500 studies a year.
Please contact Dr. Roca at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your C.V.
Stamford Health Medical Group is a partnership of local primary care physicians, healthcare specialists and Stamford Hospital. Our mission is to provide a highly skilled comprehensive array of medical services to our community in a compassionate manner.
Stamford, Connecticut is an outstanding community in southern Fairfield County on Long Island Sound, 30 miles from Manhattan, with easy access to the rest of New England, local beaches, the exceptional cultural opportunities of the New York Metropolitan Area, and some of the country’s best school districts.
The city of Stamford provides an abundance of restaurants and entertainment with theaters, galleries, a Symphony, and a Jazz Festival, plus a downtown Mall with 130 retailers. Nearby, discover a Nature Center, Arts and Science Museum and Maritime Museum. Golf courses, both public and private, are in and around town. This is an area that is dynamic and growing, particularly within Stamford Health Systems.
The New Stamford Hospital, which opened September 2016 is the region’s only state-of-the-art, patient-centered, healthcare facility.