Interventional Cardiology Top US Destination
Interventional Cardiology Opportunity
Established and Thriving Practice on the Beautiful California North Coast
About the practice . . .
- Elite multi-specialty group (with 5 cardiologists) offering physician-employed position. Competitive salary and great benefits package.
- Full time (1/2 hospital, 1/2 clinic), can begin immediately, call is 1:3 interventional only. BC/BE required.
- Focus mainly on coronary cases; peripheral skills welcome but not mandatory. 100-125 coronary interventions annually, could do 50 peripheral interventions annually. Only certified STEMI Center in the county.
- Hospital does ASD and PFO closure with ICE-guidance. No valvular or left atrial appendage interventions now, but may start soon as surgical volumes continue to grow.
- Medical directorship possible.
Call, email, apply for more information!
Lonely Planet, the largest travel guide book publisher in the world, named our coastal redwood forests as the #1 destination in the US for 2018.
We are minutes from pristine Pacific Ocean beaches and surrounded by ancient redwoods that are the tallest trees in the world. In 2017, Eureka was awarded a California Cultural Site designation for its history and commitment to the arts and local culture. Humboldt has previously been recognized by Outdoor Magazine, National Geographic, Backpacker Magazine, USDA Most Scenic Rural County, and by Men’s Journal (as one of the top seven places to “buy land in paradise”).
Numerous area schools have received state and federal awards, and Humboldt State University—on 144 acres tucked into an old growth redwood grove with views of Humboldt Bay—has nearly 50 undergrad degrees, about a dozen graduate degrees, and one of the most impressive undergrad marine research departments in the country.
We are rural—about five hours drive north of San Francisco—but we have sophisticated cultural and social amenities, a thriving locavore tradition, and our local regional airport has daily direct flights to and from San Francisco and Los Angeles.
St. Joseph Health Medical Group is a foundation model multi-specialty group offering physician employed positions. We have over 100 providers in Humboldt County committed to providing compassionate, quality care for the entire family, through every stage of life.
St. Joseph Hospital Eureka is a 138-bed full-service acute care facility that offers a broad range of services includ-ing cardiac surgery, a Level III Trauma and PCI (Chest Pain) Center, and many more services.
Redwood Memorial Hospital in Fortuna is a 25 bed high functioning critical access hospital with a 24/7 ED, a hos-pitalist program, orthopedic and surgery center, primary care and a growing obstetrical service. The hospital itself is going through a major refurbishment with plans for a new ICU, expansion of the OR, and a brand new Acute Rehabilitation Unit addition slated for 2019.