Internal Medicine Physician in Harlingen
In Harlingen, TX: Texas Association of Community Health Centers is seeking a full-time Internal Medicine Physician to deliver safe and high quality health care in Harlingen. This opportunity comes with a wonderful signing bonus of $12,000 for a two year contract, along with various additional benefits and compensation package! New Grads welcome to apply!
- This position requires adherence to PCMH principles, policies, and procedures
- Delivers safe and high quality medical care
- Assesses medical history and physiological, psychological, and behavioral factors to determine the cause (s) of a disease, disorder, or injury
- Develop plans for treatment for patients
- Administer specialized medical treatments and procedures as well as preventive when necessary
- Participate in organizational committees and performance improvement activities
- Reports to the Chief Medical Officer
- Support the vision and the mission of the Clinic at all times and ensures the patients have a pleasant and satisfactory experience in the manner health care is delivered, managed, coordinated with both internal and external entities and in which the patient participates in the decision making
- No call coverage duties
Excellent Benefits! This facility offers a progressive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- $12,000 signing bonus for a two year contract!
- Health, Life, Dental, and Optical Insurance
- Relocation up to $4,000
- Generous PTO with 30 vacation days per year and 10 Holidays
- CME: (5 days)
- Up to $30,000 for incentive pay!
- Up to $2,500 per quarter for the quality measures
- FTCA malpractice insurance
*Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but not required
This clinic was founded in 1971 and provides health services to people in Cameron and Willacy counties. This service area has been designated as a Medically Underserved Area and as a Health Professional Shortage Area. The clinic maintains four program/service delivery sites and provides services such as pharmacy, laboratory, dental, WIC, radiology, social services, family planning, HIV/AIDS testing and counseling, health education, and nutrition counseling. The center is proud to be a Joint Commission accredited community health center.
Practice has a state of the art facility. Staffed with internist and family medicine physicians and excellent staff support. Other specialties within the same building include: Women's Health, Pediatrics, Dental, Behavioral Wellness, and multiple support services.
Harlingen is known for great weather and old-fashioned hospitality. It's the perfect hub for day trips exploring the entire Rio Grande Valley, including northern Mexico and southernmost Texas.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact us at 512-329-5959 or apply directly online.
No agencies, please. TACHC does not accept solicitations from outside recruitment agencies.
All rights reserved. Users may reproduce or transmit the content in this ad only for private, personal, non-commercial use. The reproduction or transmission of the content in this ad (whole or in part) for commercial use is strictly prohibited, except with prior written permission from TACHC.
Formed in 1983, the Texas Association of Community Health Centers, Inc. (TACHC) is a private, non-profit membership association that represents Texas safety-net health care providers. TACHC is the federally-designated primary care association for the state and is the link between federal, state and local entities providing health care for Texas’ most vulnerable populations.
TACHC members include community health centers, federally-designated migrant, public housing and homeless health care centers, health center networks and other providers who strive to meet the health care needs of the uninsured and underserved. Members operate in urban, rural and frontier areas of Texas with annual budgets ranging from $600,000 to over $50 million.
Our services assist members provide high quality health care and address specific needs of administrators, clinicians, boards of directors, outreach workers and other center staff. We offer a wide variety of services targeted specifically toward the needs of Texas health centers in policy & advocacy, administration, information technology and clinical care.