MercyOne is seeking BC/BE Internal Medicine Physicians to join its Hospitalist service at Mercy Medical Center and Mercy West Lakes campuses in Des Moines, Iowa. We offer competitive compensation package including a sign-on bonus/student loan repayment, paid malpractice and a 401K match.
- 7 on/7 off schedule
- Swing and Nocturnist opportunities available
- 15-17 patients
- No cross coverage
- “Closed ICU” at Mercy Medical Center
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center is a non-profit Catholic health care provider that is Joint Commission accredited. MercyOne Des Moines’ hospitals, with a total of 875 beds, include MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, MercyOne West Des Moines Medical Center, MercyOne Children’s Hospital, MercyOne Centerville Medical Center and MercyOne Newton Medical Center. Approximately 7,000 staff members and a medical staff of about 1,200 Physicians, MercyOne is one of the largest employers and one of the Midwest’s largest referral centers. MercyOne is a member of MercyOne Network and is part of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), which is headquartered in Englewood, Colorado. CHI operates in 18 states and includes 103 hospitals and multiple other facilities and services. MercyOne is the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines, Iowa.
Greater Des Moines is consistently ranked nationally among the best places to live with its strong job market, low cost of living and entertainment options! Surrounding suburbs are known for top-notch schools and clean, safe neighborhoods. Cultural events, music and art festivals, Des Moines’ Downtown Farmer’s Market, the Iowa State Fair and Iowa Cubs games at Principal Park are just a few attractions Des Moines has to offer! This big small town is a wonderful place to live with its big city features and a small town heart.
- #1 Best State to Live in America – U.S. News & World Report, 2018
- #1 Place to Live and Work – Physicians Thrive, 2018
- #4 Best City to Live in America – U.S. News & World Report, 2018
- #1 Best State to Practice Medicine in the U.S. – WalletHub
- #1 Best Affordable Place to Live in the U.S. – U.S. News & World Report
- #1 City with an Up-and-Coming Downtown – Fortune
- Fastest growing metro city in the Midwest – U.S. Census Bureau
- Best City for Families – Kiplinger
- Voted as the Safest City in America – Gallup
- Best City for Young Professionals – Forbes
- Wealthiest City in America – The Today Show
This is not a J-1 opportunity
Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines is a not-for-profit Catholic health care provider. Mercy – Des Moines, with a total of 875 beds, includes:
- Mercy Medical Center – West Lakes
- Mercy Children’s Hospital & Clinics
- Mercy Medical Center – Centerville
- Skiff Medical Center – Newton
For more than 100 years, Mercy – Des Moines has been an outstanding presence in the health care community in Iowa. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, Mercy is the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines.
With approximately 7,000 staff members and a medical staff of about 1,200 physicians and allied health professionals, Mercy is one of the state’s largest employers and one of the Midwest’s largest referral centers.
Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines is a member of Mercy Health Network (MHN) and is a part of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), a national nonprofit health organization with headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. MHN was founded in 1998 under a joint operating agreement between CHI and Trinity Health, based in Livonia, Michigan. They are two of the country’s largest Catholic, not-for-profit health organizations. MHN consists of 15 owned hospitals, one joint venture surgical hospital, 26 affiliated community hospitals, 207 owned physician clinics and one joint venture primary care physician enterprise.
In addition to operating the state’s largest medical center, Mercy has several additional ministries including: Mercy Clinics, Home Health Services, Mercy College of Health Sciences, Mercy Foundation, the Mercy Health & Fitness Center and Mercy ACO.
At Mercy, we train doctors and attract faculty by offering four medical residency programs: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Surgery and Psychiatry.
Recognition and Awards
- Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award
- Mission: Lifeline’s Bronze-Plus Award
- Best Regional Hospital for 2017-18 by U.S. News & World Report
- Recipient of the 2016/2017 Consumer Choice Award by National Research Corporation (NRC) for the 18th consecutive year
- Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines and Mercy West Lakes were the first centers in the nation to earn accreditation in cardiac electrophysiology (EP) by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- Mercy Ruan Neurology Clinic was named a Corporate Stars Award Sylvie recipient by the National MS Society – Upper Midwest Chapter
- Skiff Medical Center was named one of the 2017 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospitals in the U.S.
CHI Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.