Tremendous Physiatrist Need in West Texas
The Hospitals of Providence – Sierra Campus is actively seeking a Physiatrist for an excellent PM&R opportunity in El Paso, TX. Sierra’s rehab unit consists of 24 beds and a rehab gym and a strong ancillary staff. This position will require a combination of inpatient and outpatient responsibilities. Office hours are Monday-Friday, regular business hours and call will be 1:4.
Candidates must be BE/BC and have an active Texas license (or in progress). All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their current CV for immediate consideration.
Experiencing El Paso is living in a place rich with culture and history, where a diverse population proudly celebrates their different heritages. A diverse mix of Latin cultures is the foundation of this city, serving as the backdrop for many restaurants, theaters, cultural events, and traditional architecture.
A true “border town”, El Paso takes pride in being named one of the country’s “Safest Places to Live”. El Paso’s residents enjoy a lower than average cost of living and successful public school system that has been the model for other school systems in the country. Families can also enjoy the many public parks and golf courses year-round, in addition to over 50 museums and art galleries!
Sierra Medical Center has been on the forefront of Cardiac and Neurological services for more than 30 years. The hospital has more than 350 beds and offers a full range of advanced medical and surgical services to El Paso, and to the outlying communities of west Texas, southern New Mexico and to our international neighbors in northern Mexico.
Sierra is accredited as a Chest Pain Center with a PCI designation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Our nationally recognized surgery department offers El Paso’s only Stereotactic Radiosurgery.
For two consecutive years, Sierra has been rated number one in the El Paso Region for clinical excellence in overall orthopedic services by HealthGrades, a leading source for independent healthcare quality information. Sierra is also the only hospital in El Paso ranked in the top five percent of hospitals nationally for overall orthopedic services.
Our reputation for providing families with quality health care in an advanced acute care setting is evident in the dedication our physicians, nurses and staff have for the well being of our consumers in our community. For three years in a row, Sierra has been recognized with the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation. The award is based on consumer preference responses for hospitals chosen by people in our community for best image and overall quality.
- Advanced Cardiac Care - includes balloon angioplasty, open heart surgery, coronary stent placement and coronary bypass surgery
- Level III Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery - services for critically ill or premature babies
- Advanced Neurological Care - includes MinOp System-Endoscopic Neurosurgery, Deep Brain Stimulation and Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Teleneuro - puts stroke patients in the care of a specialized neurologist within 15 minutes
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery - a non-invasive surgical procedure that is used to treat brain tumors and other intracranial malformations
- Regional Lung Institute - an outpatient-based center that helps patients with chronic lung disease get the most comprehensive range of consultative pulmonary care services using some of the newest lung disease diagnosis and therapy methods
Sierra Medical Center also offers advanced health care services in the following areas:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Autologous Blood Storage
- Diagnostic Lab & Imaging
- HDR Brachytherapy
- Obstetric Services
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- VIAS™ - Ventana Image Analysis System for detecting breast cancer cells
El Paso, Texas, the hidden jewel of the Southwest! El Paso has been ranked the safest large city (850,000+ population) by CQ Press three years in a row!! 300+ sunny days a year make for the perfect place to raise a family - enjoy outdoor sports: soccer, golf, hiking, bike riding, running, skiing (1.5 hrs away); 4 colleges and universities; 4-year medical school; rich culture; and NO state income tax!!!
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.