Join one of the country's leading Palliative Care programs, Richmond, Virginia
Bon Secours Mercy Health
Bon Secours Palliative Medicine has an opening for a talented physician to join their dynamic, multi-faceted mature program that provides palliative care services to patients & families living with serious illness. The program offers services in Bon Secours facilities, offices and in the home setting. Palliative Medicine is the anchor program of Bon Secours’ Continuum of Palliative Excellence (COPE) which includes home-based primary care, home health, and hospice. Bon Secours’ Richmond inpatient facilities have been continuously JC certified in Advanced Palliative Care since 2014. Palliative Medicine was honored with AHA’s Circle of Life Award in 2016.
On September 1, 2018, Bon Secours Health System and Mercy Health combined to become the United States’ fifth largest Catholic health care ministry and one of the nation’s 20 largest health care systems. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of our communities and bring good help to those in need, especially people who are poor, dying and underserved.
- Inpatient consults
- Provide outpatient care (office and/or home)
- Full time physician sees 350-400 new inpatient consults per year
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary team members including other Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Social Workers, and Chaplains
- Manage COPE symptoms: Care decisions including advanced care planning, Overwhelming symptoms including pain management, Psychosocial and spiritual distress, and End stage disease including prognostication and therapy options
- Support health system and community integration of palliative care through education and committee participation
- Participate in rotating on call schedule across Continuum of Palliative Excellence
- Board Certified in primary specialty
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Established in 1966, Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital is a 391-bed facility located in Richmond’s Near West End. St. Mary’s has 1,200 associated physicians who provide over 75,000 outpatient visits annually. The hospital has a service area containing approximately 1.3 million people and primarily serves residents of the City of Richmond and Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, and Louisa Counties.
Highlights of the hospital include:
- Point of care testing in the Emergency Department to provide lab results and imaging in minutes.
- 28-bed Neuroscience Telemetry Unit & Neuroscience Step-down Unit, with exclusively private rooms.
- State of the art, 64 slice CT scanner adjoining the Emergency Department for ultra-fast head imaging.
- Bi-Plane interventional imaging system for cerebral angiography, delivery of intra-arterial thrombolytics & use of the MERCI ischemic stroke clot removal system.
Richmond provides easy access to the amenities of a large urban setting as well as an easy commute for those seeking a more rural lifestyle. Within two hours of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Atlantic Ocean and Washington D.C., Richmond is uniquely situated within Central Virginia. It is home to the State Capital, Washington Redskins Training Facility, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and countless cultural, food, and music festivals. The area offers a wide range of entertainment, recreational, and leisure activities usually found in much larger cities and consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, and play!