University of Arizona – Division of Gastroenterology: Academic Gastroenterologist
The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group is seeking a BC/BE Gastroenterologist with training/experience in the following areas:
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Esophageal disorders
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Gastrointestinal cancers
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced or new grad GI to join an established Clinical Faculty team at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Center in Tucson. Our division features a robust fellowship program that is ACGME accredited. Candidates should have a strong commitment to patient care, strong teaching and clinical skills and desire translational research. Qualified candidates will receive a faculty appointment to the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials.
Work schedule: M-F (shared with fellows)
Night call rotation 1:7
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
Banner University Medical Center - Tucson
- Nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research.
- The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson
- Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
- Diamond Children's Medical Center is located on the campus providing specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.
- We are Southern Arizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, caring for the most critically injured patients.
Tucson provides a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
- Moderate cost of living
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- Paid malpractice
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
SUBMIT YOUR CV AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson, formerly University of Arizona Medical Center – University Campus, is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research.
Also located on the campus is Diamond Children’s – recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson is Southern Arizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses’ innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet™ designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital’s physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Banner – University Medical Center Tucson among the best hospitals in the nation for Geriatrics (2012-15) and for Cardiology and Heart Surgery (2011-12). We have also been ranked as high performing in a variety of specialties during this time, including: Cancer Diabetes and Endocrinology Ear, Nose and Throat Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Surgery Gynecology Nephrology Neurology and Neurosurgery Orthopedics Pulmonology Urology Magnet Recognition In 2003, our Tucson campus became the first hospital in Arizona to receive Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing. This designation is a testament to the innovative, safe and thoughtful care our professional nurses provide patients every day.