Physician Opportunity in West Virginia
General Position Summary:
- To support and direct the highest quality urgent care services available to the public while always assuring the MedExpress mission, vision and values are met. All duties and responsibilities of the Physician position are to be performed in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations governing the legal scope of medical practice.
- The Physician will provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care. Documenting/Charting patient information in line with current policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Follows established policies, procedures, objectives, and recommended referral practices.
- Assists the CorporateCare division of MedExpress and pathways associated therewith.
- Participates in facility in-services, required staff meetings, and other clinic operations procedures.
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal.
- Orientation and training of new practitioners when necessary.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Supervision of Advanced Practitioners when appropriate and abide by all associated rules and regulations.
- The Physician should be a graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine
- Currently licensed by the State Board of Medical Examiners and Board certified in a specialty field of medicine.
- Must have and maintain a DEA license with no restrictions. A minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, or ambulatory care setting.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in business applications and clinical management systems (EMR), relevant drugs and their chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo, and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids, their applicable uses, and relevance to patient care.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Accreditation and certification requirements and the ability to maintain all appropriate licenses.
- Urgent and occupational medicine fields.
- Professional communication principles and practices including business letter writing and advanced report preparation knowledge.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Medicine and other such regulating bodies.
- Prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Interpret the application of OSHA and HIPAA laws.
- Maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.
MedExpress offers you the perfect way to focus on what you do best – delivering great care to patients. You’ll find great satisfaction in providing high-quality, professional treatment in our warm, welcoming centers, with the goal of not just meeting patient expectations, but exceeding them.
We currently have more than 180 full-service centers in Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia – and we continue to grow.
*In Delaware, MedExpress is referred to as MedExpress Walk-in Care