Vascular Surgery opportunity in Connecticut: Join Hartford HealthCare!
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group seeks a BC/BE vascular surgeon to join our expanding vascular service line. Join a collegial eight-member group of fellowship-trained vascular surgeons in scenic central and Eastern Connecticut. Your practice will be concentrated at Hartford Hospital and William Backus Hospital, key components of Hartford HealthCare’s integrated network. Hartford Hospital is an 860-bed tertiary academic center with the second-highest surgical volume in New England. It is the primary teaching site for the University of Connecticut Vascular Fellowship. Backus Hospital is a high-performing community hospital which Hartford HealthCare is building into its regional acute-care center for patients in the Southeastern portion of the state.
Hartford HealthCare is the most comprehensive, integrated health care system in Connecticut. We are proud to include some of Connecticut’s top hospitals, a robust primary care base, and a full complement of high-quality medical and surgical specialists. Our new vascular surgeon will benefit from:
Supportive colleagues committed to his or her success
Hybrid operating rooms
IAC accredited vascular laboratories
Participation in the Vascular Study Group of New England database
Teaching and clinical research opportunities
Three weekly vascular educational conferences
Exclusive referral network
Earn generous compensation including incentives, robust benefits that include high quality, low cost medical/dental, plenty of paid time off, CME, and an impressive retirement plan. Enjoy supportive administration and expertly managed offices with customer focused staff and LEAN processes.
Our region offers an outstanding quality of life: Some of the finest public and private schools in the nation and affordable real estate offering an attractive variety of options from city condo to leafy suburbs. Located Just two hours from New York City and 90 minutes from Boston, enjoy city and outdoor life with enough green space to experience all the best of the northeast.
Interested candidates may email Clayton.Tebbetts@hhchealth.org
Hartford Hospital is a 748-bed, Level 1 academic/tertiary care medical center and a teaching affiliate of the University of Connecticut. Home base of LifeStar intensive care air ambulance, Hartford Hospital is a regional resource and the flagship hospital within Hartford HealthCare.
- One of the highest hospital surgical volumes in New England. 30,000 per year; 12,000 in general surgery
- 40 operating rooms with a wing of 15 state-of-the-art minimally invasive ORs and 5 robots
- 1,930 trauma admissions, an average of 100,000 ED visits per year and over 3,000 ICU admissions per year.
- Hartford Hospital has a 16-bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit, a 25-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, and an 18-bed Neurological Intensive Care Unit.
- Boasts a nationally recognized 20,000 sq. ft. Center for Education, Simulation & Innovation (CESI), complete with robotic simulator and OR replicas for training
- Largest stroke center in New England and one of the first in the nation to receive the coveted Joint Commission’s Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification
- Main teaching hospital for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, providing abundant teaching and clinical research opportunities.
- Highly competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are a member of Hartford HealthCare, the largest, most comprehensive integrated health system in Connecticut. At Hartford HealthCare, clinical education and research are supported to bring the latest technology and discoveries, clinical excellence and innovation to the patient and community. And to provide physicians access to a wealth of expertise and resources.
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family”, “Top 100 Cities in the US”, and Travel & Leisure's "Coolest Suburb in America."