Cardiothoracic Surgeon Needed in Beautiful Western Kentucky
Mercy Health Lourdes Hospital seeks a BC/BE Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join our growing program. The current practice encompasses all components of adult cardiac surgery including coronary artery bypass grafting (on-pump and off-pump), Hybrid revascularization, treatment of valvular heart disease (including minimally access approaches), ablations (concomitant and stand-alone) for atrial fibrillation, and mechanical circulatory assist devices. The thoracic surgical aspect of the practice comprises minimally invasive lung surgery, VATS, and esophageal surgery. Recent graduates encouraged to apply. Modern state-of-the-art facility with two Hybrid surgery rooms. Practice is attached to the hospital. Integrated Cardiovascular Institute with team approach including all cardiology, cardiothoracic and vascular physicians.
BRING YOUR TALENT TO OUR MISSION
For nearly 200 years, the historical founders of Bon Secours Mercy Health have been providing care to those in need. Today, the ministry is one of the top 20 health systems in the United States and part of the top performing quartile of Catholic health systems for lowest cost per case for patient care. This quality care is provided by more than 57,000 employees serving communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, New York, Ohio, South Carolina and Virginia.
Consistent with its commitment to serve each patient with dignity, Bon Secours Mercy Health provides nearly $2 million per day in community benefit. The Mission of Bon Secours Mercy Health is to extend the compassionate ministry of Jesus by improving the health and well-being of its communities and bring good help to those in need, especially people who are poor, dying and underserved. For more information, visit www.bsmhealth.org.
By becoming a part of Bon Secours Mercy Health, you will join a network of more than 2,100 employed providers dedicated to making a difference in each of the communities they serve.
We offer a competitive Compensation Package Including:
- 2 Year Income Guarantee with Excellent Income Potential
- Enhanced Benefit Package
- Significant student loan forgiveness program
- Fellowship Stipend
- Paid CME and relocation assistance
- Sign on bonus
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Medical Malpractice Insurance
- Tail Coverage
Lourdes at a glance:
- Lourdes is an integrated health system with a 45-acre campus and off-site locations including: Lourdes Hospital, Lourdes Medical Pavilion, Marshall Nemer Pavilion, Home Health/Hospice and Mercy Medical Associates. Lourdes has extended the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities for more than 100 years.
- Lourdes is a 379 licensed-bed facility accredited by The Joint Commission (JC), which offers Kentucky’s only twin hybrid operating room. Lourdes offers the latest treatments in the following services: Cardiovascular, Orthopedics, Women’s Health, Emergency Medicine, Behavioral Health Center, Home Care, Hospice and Palliative Care, Laboratory and Pathology, Little Miracles Birthing Center, Pastoral Care, Radiology, Rehabilitation, Sleep Center, Surgery Center, and Wound Care
- Our medical group is a physician-led organization that is committed to the professional development of our clinicians. We offer leadership development programs and empower our physician to take an active role in leading our system.
Mercy Health Physicians-Kentucky at a glance:
- Nearly 150 Providers
- Medical staff and advanced practice staff of 275 representing 35 specialties
- 400 Associates
- 25 Practice Locations including 8 Primary Care Locations
- 370,000 Annual Visits
- 50,000 in-panel patients
- Service area of 460,000
You will enjoy your time off also with:
- Trendy downtown with unique restaurants, shops, and farmer's market
- State parks, including two of the nation's largest man-made lakes offer boating, fishing, and hiking.
- $44 million Performing Arts Center and Broadway shows
- Nationally recognized artist district
- Main street listed as one of Five Most Romantic Main streets in the nation
- Named one of the Top 100 Communities for Young People which starts with excellent public and private schools
- Nashville two-hour drive and St. Louis two- and half-hour drive
- Jet Service from Paducah to Chicago (twice daily)
Lourdes serves as a regional referral center for a wide geographic region, including more than a dozen counties in western Kentucky, southern Illinois, southeast Missouri, and northwest Tennessee. Lourdes offers an extensive array of medical specialties and technologies typically found in much larger urban settings.
Mercy Health is the largest health system in Ohio and the state’s fourth-largest employer, with more than 33,500 employees serving communities throughout Ohio and in Kentucky. Mercy Health provided care for patients more than 6.8 million times in 2016. The system includes assets of $6.8 billion and more than 500 care sites, including 23 hospitals, eight senior living communities, five hospice programs and seven home health agencies. Its clinically integrated network, Mercy Health Select, coordinates more effective and efficient care for more than 200,000 patients, saving money for taxpayers through the Medicare Shared Savings program. In keeping with its Mission to improve the health of its communities, Mercy Health provides more than $1 million per day in community benefit services. For more information, visit www.mercy.com or connect with Mercy Health on Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and Twitter (@LivingMercyHlth).