Internal Medicine Physician
ABOUT PRESBYTERIAN MEDICAL SERVICES: Presbyterian Medical Services (PMS) designs and delivers high quality, accessible, and integrated Medical, Behavioral, Dentistry, and Child and Adolescent healthcare through its 50 FQHC’s. With a deep commitment that spans over a 50 year period PMS responds to identified community needs throughout the beautiful and multicultural state of New Mexico. PMS offers providers opportunities for fulfilling careers while serving underserved communities and providing high-quality patient-centric care in integrated settings. Join our organization in helping us do what we do best -Serve the underserved populations!
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a professional position of a highly complex nature involving the direct medical care of patients. The work is performed independently with clinical oversight provided by the Site Medical Director and/or Vice President of Clinical Affairs. The Physician must operate in accordance with the terms and conditions of the various contracts and grants providing for the funding of programs and projects.
REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from a medical school approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association or the Committee on Hospitals of the Bureau of Professional Education of the American Osteopathic Association, or Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners or the National Board of Osteopathic Examiners or the New Mexico Medical Board.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment:
- Licensed to practice medicine by the State of New Mexico with the ability to obtain admitting privileges and active staff membership at local hospital, if applicable.
- DEA license.
- New Mexico Controlled Substance Registration (CSR).
- Medicare PIN and UPIN numbers.
- Medicaid number.
- Have or be able to obtain BLS/CPR or ACLS certification within 30 days of hire. If you are assigned to a center with ACLS medications and/or equipment, you must have ACLS certification within 30 days of hire. Certification must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certification current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
- According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, “Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements,” this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee’s PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
- Criminal Records Check.
As the commercial center of the Four Corners and just one hour 1 hr away from the Purgatory Ski Resort in Colorado, Farmington, NM is nestled between the San Juan, Animas and La Plata rivers and surrounded by world-class cultural gems and magnificent landscapes. The Farmington Community Health Center is our flagship and largest clinic that provides integrated health care in team settings with upmost collegiality.
Our clinic boasts 31 Exam rooms, 8 dental days. onsite Pharmacy, lab services, and more. We offer Primary Care, Behavioral Health, and dental care. We are known for our substance abuse clinic and Totah where we provide healthcare blended with traditional Native American healing practices. Our site also offers social services so that none of our patients leave feeling helpless.
Farmington has populations of approximately 50,000 and is located in the famous four corners of the USA about 45 minutes from Durango, CO. Farmington has a Four seasons climate with unlimited outdoor recreation.